Mi4 Not Charging

crixt

Members
Apr 30, 2015
so as from the title of the article i have a problem charging my MI 4. i don't think it's a USBPORT problem because the led turns on ( even if sometimes it turns on for like half min and then it turns off ) anyway the phone shows that the battery is under charge but the lvl won't increase it will decrease actually. Any idea what could be the problem ? i saw other people had this problem but no solution was provided.
I bought it from the EU wharehouse of Xiaomi and i don't know how the warranty works plus the shippment cost should be like 50 € and i'd like to avoid spending that money also because i don't think is a hardware problem unless is a battery problem ( it charge only when turned off, but it is a lot slower than usually.. took like half hour for 3%
could it be something went wrong while i had dualboot with AOSP and MIUI ? haven't faced this problem till i installed 5.1 AOSP by Ivan ( tho it went pretty good in the first 2 days ) while i had only lollipop on it then i installed miui on the second partition and if I'm not wrong is since then that i'm facing some problems, now i restored the stock recovery and have MIUI on both partition

Maybe three problems listed:
1 Dock Connector Charging Port Flex Cable for xiaomi 4 cannot work fine.
2 battery connector is loose.
3 Battery has problem.

none of the above, the problem is when i flash a different recovery, after i restored the original recovery it started to charge again, then again a few days ago i flashed the CWM recovery because i wanted to try a patch for the volume, and it stopped charging again. kinda frustrating to be honest, now I'm back on the original recovery and it's charging.

none of the above, the problem is when i flash a different recovery, after i restored the original recovery it started to charge again, then again a few days ago i flashed the CWM recovery because i wanted to try a patch for the volume, and it stopped charging again. kinda frustrating to be honest, now I'm back on the original recovery and it's charging.

do you still have this problem? It started happening to me today. It only charges when its off, so it seems like a software issue rather than a hardware problem

Reactions: crixt
well good luck with that.. mine is gone.. not charging at all shows intermittent led or stable led ( red ) but nothing happens it won't charge at all.. i tried changing battery and usb board but nothing either the mobo is gone or ..dunno can't figure it out, took it to a service and they gave it back to me claiming that they have no idea what could be the problem..