Mi4c - Android 7 - Issues

Hartmer

Members
Feb 22, 2016
Hi,
I upgraded my MI4C to Android 7.
I started TWRP and then I selected install and selected the ZIP.
I saw that at the end there was an error in red (partition not found).
I did not delete any data, as I wanted to check - as suggested - if it is working like that.

But it does not. Handy is extremely slow. Also I do not see the Handy on my PC.
It is not recognized.
When I started to TWRP (reboot into recovery) the Handy just turned off.
Same happened when I used Volume up + power. Handy did not start. Just MI symbol
Then I tried factory reset from The menue. Handy just turned off.
Now what I see, TWRP not working, and also some issues with Android 7.

W hat can I do? I should first try to do factory reset. But how?

Hi I want to wipe now. But how?
MI4C is working ok now. I just had to wait 10 minutes more.

But when I try to start to TWRP as before, the phone shuts down. Seems to be as if there is no TWRP any more.
Someone else who has the same? How can I wipe the data now? I do not believe, that the non working TWRP is related to the locked bootloader.

Hello,
this is not the point. I would like to, but not possible.
I cannot start TWRP. Phone just shuts down. And only in TWRP I could do.

Maybe it is because of the locked bootloader? And therefore TWRP is not working? I forgot to wipe during installation.
Someone else who had the same problem?

and does TWRP also work again? Maybe related to the locked bootloader. Or is a manual installation of the new TWRP required, which is working together with Android 7?

thanks a lot. I have to wait. XIAOMI removed my unlock authorization from my account. Now the say "application rejected" and I cannot even apply again. As suggested I posted a request in the Forum of MIU to unlock BL again manually. I cannot understand why they removed. I still have the SMS from September 2016 where they confirmed that permission to unlock was granted for acount no xxxxxx.

thanks a lot. I have to wait. XIAOMI removed my unlock authorization from my account. Now the say "application rejected" and I cannot even apply again. As suggested I posted a request in the Forum of MIU to unlock BL again manually. I cannot understand why they removed. I still have the SMS from September 2016 where they confirmed that permission to unlock was granted for acount no xxxxxx.

I'll be honest with you! I could not careless about xiaomi s**t unlock policy! I just do it myself by downgrading my phone to 6.1.7 using edl emergency mode. f**k xiaomi and the unlock Bullshit!

Reactions: cris2d2 and Lucasat
Same here,
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'recovery' (19744 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.509s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: Partition flashing is not allowed)

(bootloader) Device tampered: false
(bootloader) Device unlocked: false
(bootloader) Device critical unlocked: false
(bootloader) Charger screen enabled: true

bootloader locked, i'm trying with miui.com/unlock site.. hope they will send the code, if not is there any way to unlock the bootloader now with android 7.0 installed?
btw, the phone runs great until now.. but i can't start to recovery mode or do factory reset

Last edited:
Extreme battery consumption with android 7... Rolling back to 6 until further update, cannot make to 15.00 from 8.00am... Phone turned off...

Extreme battery consumption with android 7... Rolling back to 6 until further update, cannot make to 15.00 from 8.00am... Phone turned off...

It's draining fast because the first four cores are under heavy load(60 to 90%) all the time! A reboot don't solve the problem! Still heavy load on the first four cores without a ******* reason! And the last two cores are stopped all the time also!

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucasat
It's draining fast because first four cores are under heavy load(60 to 90%) all the time! A reboot don't solve the problem! Still heavy load on the first four cores without a ******* reason! And the last two cores are stopped all the time also!

Don't they test battery life? It's quite annoying flashing back and forth looking for the right ROM ...

I unlocked my bootloader after installing this ROM.

How? I unlocked 3 xiaomi devices. I flashed the xiaomi.eu rom. When trying unlock the bootloader with flash tool, I get the info that my account is different from the account info on my device.

I tried to login with phone number and email on both, Mi Unlock and Phone. But nothing helps.... :\

How? I unlocked 3 xiaomi devices. I flashed the xiaomi.eu rom. When trying unlock the bootloader with flash tool, I get the info that my account is different from the account info on my device.

I tried to login with phone number and email on both, Mi Unlock and Phone. But nothing helps.... :\

This happens because the information needs time to update in the xiaomi servers! It's not instant! So you will need to wait a couple of days before using the unlock tool!

andreivlad199 probably unlocked his bootloader after flashing the android n rom the same way i did, that is putting the phone in eld mode through fastboot and then you flash miui 6.1.7 to the phone using miflash version 2015.10.28.0 and to finish you give a command on fastboot to unlock the bootloader, then you just need to flash twrp and you are good to go!

Last edited:
I feel sad about this new Rom. It was highly anticipated, but it appears that it failed to meet the expectations. Maybe it will get better in a month or two.

Trimis de pe al meu Mi-4c folosind Tapatalk

I reflected overheating. Want to go back to my 6.12.22 but I'm locked, damn. is there any other way to unlock instead of waiting for xiaomi communications?