Mi4c - Android 7 - Issues

Android 7.0 for MiMAX, MiMAXPro RELEASED
Mi4c, Mi4S, MiNotePRO REMOVED due to battery drain issue
HMNote4 Qualcomm (mido) Added

I had the TWRP 2.8.7.0 installed and wanting to try to pass to 3.0 it damages the recovery I could reinstall the recovery by getting it again 2.8.7.0

This happens because the information needs time to update in the xiaomi servers! It's not instant! So you will need to wait a couple of days before using the unlock tool!

andreivlad199 probably unlocked his bootloader after flashing the android n rom the same way i did, that is putting the phone in eld mode through fastboot and then you flash miui 6.1.7 to the phone using miflash version 2015.10.28.0 and to finish you give a command on fastboot to unlock the bootloader, then you just need to flash twrp and you are good to go!

Thank you. That worked! But now I have a bigger problem:

I flashed the 7.2.9 Version and the TWRP for Nougat. After booting up I get the message that my IMEI is not available. The phone doesnt recognize my sim card anymore. And I dont't know what to do now.

//EDIT: Ok, when I flash the nougat rom the bootloader will be relocked and there is no possibility to unlock it again except you'll wait a week or so until xiaomi-server refreshed your account.

That means to me: I cant install any backup with titanium backup!

When flashing the provided superSU after the nougat rom, the EMEI-Partition will be destroyed. When I want root i am not able to use my phone anymore.

When you forget flashing superSU after nougat rom you have no chance to flash the recovery anymore or superSU because the bootloader is locked. So you have to do a rollback with mi flash.

Thats too much trouble atm. I stay with another custom rom until this will be easier.

Last edited:
anyone who could unlock MI4C with XIAOMI.EU installed?

I have a big problem. I tried to unlock my MI4C. But stucked at 50%. "Could not verify device"
I checked "find device" is activated on my phone, and also in the account I could find the device.

But I have the XIAOMI.EU ROM installed.
Do I need CN developer? How can I install it? Is the unlock only working from there?

I feel sad about this new Rom. It was highly anticipated, but it appears that it failed to meet the expectations. Maybe it will get better in a month or two.

Trimis de pe al meu Mi-4c folosind Tapatalk
I think that the chinese developers came back drunk from the chinese new year holiday and then they compiled this pile of s**t and release it without testing!
I thought the same exact thing !! XD

anyone still using nougat? how is your cortex57? is it in sleep? mine is always sleep

This "problem" of the last two cores being shutdown all the time, is present in nougat roms since the first closed beta released! And its still a problem on the last version released yesterday, in others words, 7.2.9.

anyone who could unlock MI4C with XIAOMI.EU installed?

I have a big problem. I tried to unlock my MI4C. But stucked at 50%. "Could not verify device"
I checked "find device" is activated on my phone, and also in the account I could find the device.

But I have the XIAOMI.EU ROM installed.
Do I need CN developer? How can I install it? Is the unlock only working from there?

This happens because the information needs time to update in the xiaomi servers! It's not instant! So you will need to wait a couple of days before using the official unlock tool! In other words, this problem happens when the phone information(rom version, build and etc) hasn't been updated yet on the xiaomi servers, so you have one thing on your phone but the servers think that you have something else, that's why they give you "the difference account error" when unlocking.

If you don't want to wait you can use this method \/

You can use edl mode to downgrade your phone:
  1. Put your phone in fastboot and type fastboot oem edl (You use this command with Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool)
  2. Your phone will then enter in edl mode(kind of emergency recovery state), it will be a black screen, don't be afraid!
  3. In edl mode you can use an older version of miflash, in other words, miflash 2015.10.28.0 with a x64 computer\OS to flash(even with a locked bootloader, it does not matter) an older version of miui, in this case libra_images_6.1.7_20151221.0000.11_5.1_cn_b09dac70a0.
  4. After the flashing is done, you need to reboot your phone and you do this by pressing the power button for 8 seconds, you will need to wait for your phone to boot up to 6.1.7, after it boots up, you just need to power off your phone and put it in fastboot again and type fastboot oem unlock. (You use this command with Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool)
  5. Congratulations, you now have unlocked your phone yourself and as a bonus you just gave xiaomi the middle finger for their s**t unlock policy and system. Clap, clap, clap, clap...
  6. Now you can flash twrp or flash official xiaomi roms.
Downloads:
PS: I'm not responsible for any mistakes or damages that you can cause to your phone! Do this at your on risk!

Last edited:
Reactions: juanKarl
Congratulations, you now have unlocked your phone yourself and as a bonus you just gave xiaomi the middle finger for their s**t unlock policy and system. Clap, clap, clap, clap...
  1. Now you can flash twrp or flash official xiaomi roms.
But if you flash xiaomi.eu rom the bootloader gets relocked. Flashing SuperSU results that EMEI cant be read. So with that nougat rom you lock your bootloader again and again. I event cant flash something with fastboot anymore... only way is to downgrade the phone again...

But if you flash xiaomi.eu rom the bootloader gets relocked. Flashing SuperSU results that EMEI cant be read. So with that nougat rom you lock your bootloader again and again. I event cant flash something with fastboot anymore... only way is to downgrade the phone again...

Go back to lollipop dude, it doesn't lock your bootloader and its working nice! Nougat miui rom is so ****ed up! It's not worth it! Why the hell are you still trying to use it?

Reactions: barbuti17
This "problem" of the last two cores being shutdown all the time, is present in nougat roms since the first closed beta released! And its still a problem on the last version released yesterday, in others words, 7.2.9.

Hi Xsharkx,
I saw your recommendation to flash in EDL. I will try.But for MI4C I heard when I was searching google, that the EDL command is not recognized in MI4C Handy. I already executed a file, where it did not work, and the phone just rebooted.

I will keepou updated.

Thanks a lot.

This happens because the information needs time to update in the xiaomi servers! It's not instant! So you will need to wait a couple of days before using the official unlock tool! In other words, this problem happens when the phone information(rom version, build and etc) hasn't been updated yet on the xiaomi servers, so you have one thing on your phone but the servers think that you have something else, that's why they give you "the difference account error" when unlocking.

If you don't want to wait you can use this method \/

You can use edl mode to downgrade your phone:
  1. Put your phone in fastboot and type fastboot oem edl
  2. Your phone will then enter in edl mode(kind of emergency recovery state), it will be a black screen, don't be afraid!
  3. In edl mode you can use an older version of miflash, in other words, miflash 2015.10.28.0 with a x64 computer\OS to flash(even with a locked bootloader, it does not matter) an older version of miui, in this case libra_images_6.1.7_20151221.0000.11_5.1_cn_b09dac70a0.
  4. After the flashing is done, you need to reboot your phone and you do this by pressing the power button for 8 seconds, you will need to wait for your phone to boot up to 6.1.7, after it boots up, you just need to power off your phone and put it in fastboot again and type fastboot oem unlock.
  5. Congratulations, you now have unlocked your phone yourself and as a bonus you just gave xiaomi the middle finger for their s**t unlock policy and system. Clap, clap, clap, clap...
  6. Now you can flash twrp or flash official xiaomi roms.
Downloads:
PS: I'm not responsible for any mistakes or damages that you can cause to your phone! Do this at your on risk!

Hello
I am struggeling for my MI4C to do the unlock. My account has the correct information.
But process stops at 50%. Only method seems to be EDL mode. Not sure if this works.

Is there anybody who could unlock the bootloader from MI4C. Or is it a missmatch between my account information and the information on the servers from XIAOMI? Or is the reason, that it is not possible to unlock the BL from XIAOMI.EU ROM.
If I check the procedure, the original Dev. ROM is only working.

Hi,
50% stuck, as per xsharkx post stuck your middle finger up to Xiaomi!

Just put your phone in emergency mode flash Chinese mi4c ROM using Mi Tool. Don't let phone reboot

Reboot to fastboot then unlock typing fastboot oem-unlock go

After that flash twrp 3.0.2.

You don't need permission LOL

Hello
I am struggeling for my MI4C to do the unlock. My account has the correct information.
But process stops at 50%. Only method seems to be EDL mode. Not sure if this works.

Is there anybody who could unlock the bootloader from MI4C. Or is it a missmatch between my account information and the information on the servers from XIAOMI? Or is the reason, that it is not possible to unlock the BL from XIAOMI.EU ROM.
If I check the procedure, the original Dev. ROM is only working.
what dude above said.. give it a couple of days time.. and see in developer options on phone for OEM blabla something (phone not here at the moment) put it on on. And see if you now get past 50% andno.. then try after weekend.

It is unreal the mess created by Xiaomi with this disgraceful upgrade. This is huge black spot on their reputation which they don't need as their phone selling in China is sharply decreased in 2016.

Hi,

about unlocking BL with EDL. Not sure, if this works.
In the newest ROM, should be the actual. There the EDL mode is blocked. Not even the cable would work.
I tested with a software; edl.cmd. No EDL mode.

I am not sure if it should be possible to unlock BL from the XIAOMI.EU.
In the MIUI offiziel forum they asked me to wait another 5 days until the server is updated.
But they require also the offiziel Beta ROM. Only with this ROM it should work.

What I recognized. If I start fastboot mode and also the MI PC Suite. I can select the ZIP file to flash.
Stable version or Developer version. Would this work? Afterwards I believe I could unlock bootloader.

Also when I wait one week more, whill the update of the offizial version again lock my phone? Or can this be prevented in the future? Then should be better to remain at Android 6

Attachments

• 2017-02-12 12_04_23-.jpg
    2017-02-12 12_04_23-.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 486
Hi,

about unlocking BL with EDL. Not sure, if this works.
In the newest ROM, should be the actual. There the EDL mode is blocked. Not even the cable would work.
I tested with a software; edl.cmd. No EDL mode.

What are you talking about dude? About edl mode being blocked haha! I just used it after updating to 7.2.9 and getting my bootloader locked dude! You do realize that you need to use Minimal Adb and Fastboot tool - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120698566 - to make your phone enter edl mode right?

I am not sure if it should be possible to unlock BL from the XIAOMI.EU.
In the MIUI offiziel forum they asked me to wait another 5 days until the server is updated.
But they require also the offiziel Beta ROM. Only with this ROM it should work.

Nah, it's works when you are using xiaomi.eu also! At least several users already reported that it does. Did you tried enabling the "OEM Unlocking" option in the developer menu? Try enabling this option and then you can try to unlock your boot loader once again without the need to wait until the information is updated in the xiaomi servers, but if this doesn't work, then you will need to wait until the information is updated in the xiaomi servers!

Also when I wait one week more, whill the update of the offizial version again lock my phone? Or can this be prevented in the future? Then should be better to remain at Android 6

Dude i think that you are confused about a lot of things hehe! Every time that you flash an xiaomi rom, it will lock your bootloader if it's unlocked! That's how it has been going on from sometime already! You can't prevent it, at least i never found a way to! The problem now is that xiaomi.eu is also locking the bootloader, i just hope that they can't change this again like in lollipop where it didn't lock your bootloader. Also there is no android 6 released for the mi 4c by xiaomi or are you talking about custom roms(CM, ACIP and etc)?

thanks a lot for the comments.
I was a bit confused:

- for MI5 I found several comments that the EDL is not supported anymore. Removed in one of the recent ROMs. Therefore I
was afraid they did the same for the MI4C. But as you said, still working. Good news. THanks for confirmation.
- I had a unlocked MI4C. It was never locked again when I installed a new XIAOM.EU and not the official ROM.
The automatic locking is new for XIAOMI.EU ROM only since the last update. Also mentioned on the Global site of XIAOMI.
- I will wait some more days before I try with EDL. I hope until then I can unlock my bootloader. Hope I do not have to do
every time now. Although XIAOMI granted authorization to my account, unlocking does not work, They said I have to wait
another 5 days. For me it was not clear, if unlocking also works with XIAOMI.EU ROM. For XIAOMI it has to be official
CN Beta ROM.

Thanks a lot for the clarification. Now everything is clear. I really hope that in the future I do not have to unlock bootloader after every ROM update. With an other account it happened that suddenly they removed authorization, which was granted already in september 2016. Now waiting since 1 week that they check and approve again. Has to be done manually. I cannot enter request again.