Mi4c Help

stewie_m

Members
Jan 4, 2016
Hi There

I'm going mad trying to prepare my Mi4C to be flashed with an international ROM from Xiaomi.eu.

I've tried several different guides (such as this: http://homeandroidapk.blogspot.com.au/2015/10/how-to-root-xiaomi-mi4c-and-install.html) to install TWRP using Fastboot commands w/ ADB and the TWRP image file. It always says it copies successfully, but it always just reboots back into Mi-Recovery and not TWRP. This was running the most recent stable ROM for Xiaomi.

Having no luck with the above method, I read just using the official pre-rooted Chinese developer ROM, to then install Flashify and TWRP was the best method. So I downloaded the supposedly pre-rooted developer ROM "miui_MI4c_5.12.31_5d6537a0b8_5.1.zip" from the official Xiaomi download site, all in Chinese ,and installed it successfully. But Flashify keeps saying I don't have root. So I try installing SuperSU 2.49 APK, but keeps saying the binary needs to be updated, and fails to install properly.

Really not sure what to try from here.

If anyone could provide some advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers all

Stewie

Hi There

I'm going mad trying to prepare my Mi4C to be flashed with an international ROM from Xiaomi.eu.

I've tried several different guides (such as this: http://homeandroidapk.blogspot.com.au/2015/10/how-to-root-xiaomi-mi4c-and-install.html) to install TWRP using Fastboot commands w/ ADB and the TWRP image file. It always says it copies successfully, but it always just reboots back into Mi-Recovery and not TWRP. This was running the most recent stable ROM for Xiaomi.

Having no luck with the above method, I read just using the official pre-rooted Chinese developer ROM, to then install Flashify and TWRP was the best method. So I downloaded the supposedly pre-rooted developer ROM "miui_MI4c_5.12.31_5d6537a0b8_5.1.zip" from the official Xiaomi download site, all in Chinese ,and installed it successfully. But Flashify keeps saying I don't have root. So I try installing SuperSU 2.49 APK, but keeps saying the binary needs to be updated, and fails to install properly.

Really not sure what to try from here.

If anyone could provide some advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers all

Stewie

Not sure if this applies to you but once you have installed Flashify, and opened it you'll get the message that you don't have root access. After this open up the Security App on the phone and go to permissions, root access. You should see a request from Flashify asking for root access. Grant it, and re open Flashify. You should now be able to install TWRP and then reboot the to phone to open into it allowing you to install your ROM.

I followed this guide to do it in this manner successfully
http://en.miui.com/thread-174107-1-1.html

Good luck.

Not sure if this applies to you but once you have installed Flashify, and opened it you'll get the message that you don't have root access. After this open up the Security App on the phone and go to permissions, root access. You should see a request from Flashify asking for root access. Grant it, and re open Flashify. You should now be able to install TWRP and then reboot the to phone to open into it allowing you to install your ROM.

I followed this guide to do it in this manner successfully
http://en.miui.com/thread-174107-1-1.html

Good luck.
Thank you for your reply. I've checked my security app but the permissions do not mention any root access :(

I've looked at that guide too, it looks good, but it seems the current developer ROM doesn't include root by default any more, and the previous version he has also linked (http://obigota.d.miui.com/5.10.16/miui_MI4c_5.10.16_3be1109680_5.1.zip) is dead.

Hiya Stewie,
I too had mega problems getting twrp installed so I could go on to install the xiaomi.eu rom for my Mi4c. In the end I installed the developer rom from xiaomi china, and followed the twrp install guide with the adb drivers procedure and also previously installing the official xiaomi pc suite (to get the right usb drivers on my pc) and then right clicking inside the explorer window and typing the install commands.....I used a twrp image which I downloaded from the "Team Superluminal" website. The version of the twrp image I used was 2.8.7.3 (earlier version I found was no good)
Remember that you need to use the fastboot recovery during this procedure (Vol down + Power) and after a successful flash (screen should confirm this with dialogue), you will then need to reboot, shut down, and then boot (hopefully) into the twrp recovery menu screen by (This time) using (Vol Up + Power).
It was a major headache to get to this point, but well worth it to be able to carry on and flash the xiaomi.eu "Libra" rom to my Mi4c.
After all this you may wish to download Super SU zip and flash (via the twrp recovery (Vol up + power) flash menu) to give you full root (as the developer rom didn't give full root functionality). and as a personal advisory install adblock plus ad blocker by downloading the zip file, then renaming the "zip" file type to "apk" and then installing the adblockplus.apk to stop most annoying ads.
Enjoying my Mi4c very much which was a Chrissie present from my good lady, and wishing you success too.