Mi4c New In Bootloop And Stuck In Unlocking Procedure At 50%

Manu82

Members
Oct 2, 2016
Hello!
I'm having the same problem as the other users here with a brand new MI4C.
My Mi account number is 1637540459 and the code I get when typing "fastboot devices" is 1889a24b (if needed). I can send the IMEI if you need it, simply ask me.
I got the unlock permission but the unlock procedure is stuck at 50% with a message "Current account is different from the account info on the device".
Of course it is different, I wanted to unlock and install an international updated xiaomi.eu miui rom BEFORE everything else, so I didn't event logged in into the phone with my mi account!
The MiFlash tool started to work at first (I was putting the 6.1.7, originally there was some unknown 7.0 international), but then it got stuck and now mi Mi4C is in boot loop and I cannot do nothing but start the fastboot mode.
BUT, unlocking procedure does not work, so I'm completely stuck and I cannot use a new phone which my husband just bought for me.
I'm kindly asking the Xiaomi team to letting my user account get past the account verification procedure to unlock a single device.Some user told me that I should put the MIUI version I have on the phone in the account information of MIUI forum. I put 7.0, since originally in the phone there was the 7.0, but now I honestly don't know.
Please help me, or I just bought an expensive brick :(
Thank you very much,
Manuela

In my experience first of all flash the phone with dev rom and then log in with your mi account. Maybe it is necessary to complete your profiles in your mi account. And then do the unlock procedure to unlock the bootloader. Hope this help your problem.

Sent from my MI 4S using Tapatalk

Thanks, but I cannot flash anything if I don't unlock the bootloader... or not? Is there a way to flash the dev rom even with the bootloader locked?
Thanks!

By the way, I cannot even access the recovery I installed (twrp), it just do not load and fastboot tool tell me I'm not allowed to install a new one... :(

Sure there is. Please download the tools that you need for flashing the phone. Install the qualcomm driver to your computer. Please googling to search the driver. And adb tools for android. And then mi flashing tool. And off course the rom. Run fastboot mode on the phone. Run cmd in adb folder. Connect the phone. Type fastboot oem edl and it will make your phone into the download mode. Then run mi flashing tools. If you installed qualcomm driver properly it should detect your phone as COM. And then flash it normally.

It worked, thanks!
I tried the fastboot flashing stuff before, but it didn't work until I:
1. Used a different version of miflash tool and fastboot rom
2. Installed the phone drivers after disabling the drivers signature check of Windows 8.1 (win7 and win10 should work the same).

I'm writing this here just to let everyone know what I did if they get into the same situation.
Now the MI4C is alive again and I can unlock the bootloader, but I'll do it when I'll feel brave enough :)

Hello!
If I have a locked Mi4c with developer ROM v6.7.21 by xiaomi.eu, can I unlock my device by official procedure?
Unfortunately, MiFlash Unlock wrote me "Couldn't verify device" at 50%, "no need to unlock device".
What I have to do?

I think it unlocked already

No, it's locked :(

I'm sorry, just have checked with a fastboot oem device-info, my Mi4c is unlocked!!!
But how???
If I don't unlock it in MiFlash Unlock, every time I received a mistake at 50%...

Last edited:
Is this a new phone ? I bought a Mi4c June 15th it was unlocked, had Xiaomi EU installed and had TWRP installed from iBuygou...Try to boot to recovery and see if TWRP is present or another custom recovery... This can save you a lot of time and effort....
Yeah, it's a new phone, and it was with 6.1.7 with default recovery, and absolutely locked from box)