Mi4c New User - Please Help?

So, in the end you could flash or not? I'm a bit confused.
yes, i am currently on latest-eu. was waiting for a week for that approval, no sms still. can you advise how can i clean internal storage from leftovers from previous roms, please? you can reply either here or in my thread, thank you

Hi, in order to install our ROM you will first need TWRP installed.

****(This apply for the Mi4c, other devices may vary)****

**If you already have root you can jump to step 3
(To see if you have root go into security app> permissions. If there's "root access" option then you have root)

**If you already have TWRP installed you can jump to the last step
(To see if you have TWRP installed, power down your phone and power it up holding the power button + volume up. That should boot onto recovery where you'll find out if you have stock recovery or TWRP)

STEPS
1. Download this dev version from the chinese download site. http://bigota.d.miui.com/5.12.31/miui_MI4c_5.12.31_5d6537a0b8_5.1.zip
**Do not download the latest one as it has the bootloader locked**

2. Install it via updater app. Now you should have root access.

3. Install Flashify app.
(Link to flashify apk)http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/christian-gollner/flashify/flashify-1-9-1-android-apk-download/

**Note. After opening the app you will get a prompt telling you need root access. To enable root access for apps you need to go to the security app>permissions>root access.

3. Install TWRP recovery.
(TWRP image) https://mega.nz/#!kM02hYKa!YOgKkCtRu-7wQT8JK4naRMPRExwpwKF0_vAVa4nwIqo
3.a extract .img file from zip
3.b open it in flashify. You will receive a "flash recovery?" Prompt. Hit "yup" to begin flashing the recovery.
3.c reboot to recovery to see if you have TWRP now.

4. Install our multilanguage rom via Updater or TWRP.
Latest weekly can be found here alongside with stable http://miuiandroid.com/community/link-forums/roms.73/

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

Hi Bryan

Thank you for your tutorial.

I have MIUI version 7.0.16.0 on my Mi-4c

Unfortunately I am stuck at
3. Install Flashify app.

I installed the latest Flashify 1.9.2 version via the PC. But the Security app does not have under permissions the choice of "root access".

What can be done.

Hi Bryan

Thank you for your tutorial.

I have MIUI version 7.0.16.0 on my Mi-4c

Unfortunately I am stuck at
3. Install Flashify app.

I installed the latest Flashify 1.9.2 version via the PC. But the Security app does not have under permissions the choice of "root access".

What can be done.
That's because you are in the stable ROM and those don't have root access. In order to get root access you have to perform step one.

i have tried all sorts of things that i could find to get the bootloader unlocked and all have failed. when i try to get a different rom on the phone via the 'downloaded_rom' folder, i get a 'connect to the internet' message. i then get a 'update couldn't be verified' or something similar and nothing else happens. if i try putting the file as 'update.zip' on to the root of the phone, when i log into 'fastboot' it then sits there for a few seconds, then shuts down. if i try to get into 'recovery' i still get into 'fastboot' even though i have used volume+ and power. i have tried and tried and tried! i am so annoyed at Xiaomi for what they have done using the most piss poor excuse going! they used the 'unlocked' in the advert as a way to draw people in to buy the phones. it worked well for them but now they have kicked us in the teeth. the ridiculous 'sms code' is a con because not a single person has received it, from what i have read. i also read where IPs have been blacklisted and if that is true, there is absolutely no excuse for that at all!!
i've gone from having a phone i was really happy with to one that is nothing but a door stop and i paid close on £200 for the privilege! another Chinese maker did this last year and they paid for it with a big drop in sales. i hope the same happens to Xiaomi!
i read recently about the new phone to be released in a short while. if they use the same tactics asn they have on us so far, anyone who gets caught again will deserve all they get!, i, however, will not be one of them!!

That's because you are in the stable ROM and those don't have root access. In order to get root access you have to perform step one.

Oh, what a fool I am. Many thanks.

I unzipped the TWRP file with AndroZip. RARLab does not work on my phone.

I found 4 different.img files on my phone:

rampatch_tlv
logo
bk2
boot.

Which one shall I open in flashify?

Oh, what a fool I am. Many thanks.

I unzipped the TWRP file with AndroZip. RARLab does not work on my phone.

I found 4 different.img files on my phone:

rampatch_tlv
logo
bk2
boot.

Which one shall I open in flashify?
I donwloaded your extracted .img file, got into the TWRP manual, wiped twice and

have now "This device is lost", "Activate this device" and asking me for an MI Account ID, which I don't have.

I donwloaded your extracted .img file, got into the TWRP manual, wiped twice and

have now "This device is lost", "Activate this device" and asking me for an MI Account ID, which I don't have.
I was able to get it back, but I am back to the factory settings.

Can I find somewhere the exact steps to take when in the TWRP app?

I was able to flash TWRP, meaning I have it open.

My aim is to get rid of all the Chinese apps on my phone and to get the PlayStore app.
Yeah, you have to do step 4. In that step you install our multilanguage ROM which comes with no Chinese apps and play store. I left some detailed steps for you.

Go out of TWRP and start the phone as normal.
Download one of our ROMs
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=48258 (this one have root and updates weekly.)(dev)

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=36337 (this one is without root and doesn't update weekly.)(stable)

If you have problems finding the correct one, you phone is codenamed libra.

Download which one you like go to the updater app > choose update package and browse for the room you had downloaded and flash.

Yeah, you have to do step 4. In that step you install our multilanguage ROM which comes with no Chinese apps and play store. I left some detailed steps for you.

Go out of TWRP and start the phone as normal.
Download one of our ROMs
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=48258 (this one have root and updates weekly.)(dev)

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=36337 (this one is without root and doesn't update weekly.)(stable)

If you have problems finding the correct one, you phone is codenamed libra.

Download which one you like go to the updater app > choose update package and browse for the room you had downloaded and flash.

Many thanks for your help and patience.

I flashed the rom.

Good news: all the Chinese apps are gone and the Play Store app is there.

Bad news: a white bar pops up constantly at the bottom of the screen with different messages like "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped" or
"Unfortunately, the process com.process.media has stopped" or
"Unfortunately, the process com.process.acore has stopped".

When pressing "ok" it keeps coming back.

Many thanks for your help and patience.

I flashed the rom.

Good news: all the Chinese apps are gone and the Play Store app is there.

Bad news: a white bar pops up constantly at the bottom of the screen with different messages like "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped" or
"Unfortunately, the process com.process.media has stopped" or
"Unfortunately, the process com.process.acore has stopped".

When pressing "ok" it keeps coming back.
Reboot to TWRP and choose wipe option> swipe to factory reset. Reboot and you are done.

Reboot to TWRP and choose wipe option> swipe to factory reset. Reboot and you are done.

Remind me, how do I "reboot to TWRP"?
I turn the phone on by pressing the volume + and the power button, or?
Now it shows the FASTBOOT screen.

How do I get into TWRP?

Sorry for all my q's.

The easiest way to do it is within flashify app. Select reboot to recovery and it will take it there.

And yes the other way is that you mentioned above. Turn on your phone using the power button + volume up.

To get out of fastboot leave pressed the power button until it restart.

I found it. I pressed the lower part of the volume key instead of the top.

"start to rock"

You are a star. Many thanks for all your help.

So you finally got your phone working as new right? If so I'm glad I could help.

Remember if you have any issue I'll try my best to help.

The best, Bryan.

Hi Bryan,

thank you very much for all the explanations. I also managed to install latest xiaomi.eu ROM on Mi4c.

I wanted to confirm what Olga said, or rather elaborate on the issue. I have bought the phone in China. It came with MIUI 7.0.16.0. After I booted to fastboot mode and typed

Code:
$ fastboot oem device-info

I saw a line saying

Code:
bootloader unlocked: false

I have got very much upset and was preparing to learn Chinese... But then I have downgraded to miui_MI4c_5.12.31_5d6537a0b8_5.1.zip though the Updater app. It has given me root permissions. I've then used flashify and twrp to burn latest xiomi.eu ROM. So far it works great. Almost stock Android experience.

I haven't checked yet what the output of the "fastboot oem device-info" is now.

Do you think the phone had a locked bootloader from the very beginning? Maybe it was not really locked?! How do I check if the bootloader is really locked?

From now on I am going to use only xioame.eu ROMs. Is there a theoretical danger that burning a future xioame.eu will lock the bootloader?

Thanks a lot!

Hi I also had the same message when i checked the OEM unlock on my Mi4c device. I didn't even bother downgrading. Instead i used fastboot to flash the recovery partition with twrp and that seemed to work, i then used it to install 6.1.14 or xiaomi.eu.

Do you guys think the flashes are working because essentially the kernels are the same between the china versions and xiaomi.eu versions. so even though the bootloader is locked it still boots.

Hi Bryan,

thank you very much for all the explanations. I also managed to install latest xiaomi.eu ROM on Mi4c.

I wanted to confirm what Olga said, or rather elaborate on the issue. I have bought the phone in China. It came with MIUI 7.0.16.0. After I booted to fastboot mode and typed

Code:
$ fastboot oem device-info

I saw a line saying

Code:
bootloader unlocked: false

I have got very much upset and was preparing to learn Chinese... But then I have downgraded to miui_MI4c_5.12.31_5d6537a0b8_5.1.zip though the Updater app. It has given me root permissions. I've then used flashify and twrp to burn latest xiomi.eu ROM. So far it works great. Almost stock Android experience.

I haven't checked yet what the output of the "fastboot oem device-info" is now.

Do you think the phone had a locked bootloader from the very beginning? Maybe it was not really locked?! How do I check if the bootloader is really locked?

From now on I am going to use only xioame.eu ROMs. Is there a theoretical danger that burning a future xioame.eu will lock the bootloader?

Thanks a lot!

So you finally got your phone working as new right? If so I'm glad I could help.

Remember if you have any issue I'll try my best to help.

The best, Bryan.

Bryan

Sorry to ask you again, but I saw that a new rom version 7.1.6.0 has been posted. I have installed the 7.1.4.0.
I downloaded it to the PC.
How do I update the phone with it?

Copy it to the phone and since you already have TWRP just update it using the updater app.

And if you are in xiaomi.eu ROM why not turning on automatic updates?