Mi4c Reset

genioe

Members
Jan 28, 2016
I've downloaded firefox on my MI4C and added the AdBlock Plus addon.
I think it was after that, that random popups appeared and in any browser some advertisement side opened, without anything I did.

I deleted every app, cleared app caches and the system cache, tried several anti-ad and anti-virus apps... nothing helped.

Now I went to settings and Reset my phone. Somehow this changed the ad-ware, but didn't get rid of it. I still get those strange popups with the message: "This app is financed by Advertisements.... " and two buttons "Cancel" and "Accept". I cancel those, but it pops up nearly every minute, which makes using the phone a mess.

How can I really reset my phone? Preferably I'd like to wipe all data and reset to factory default (international software). I only need english language support, but the EU version (with german) would be nice. Also I need the google app store.

Could someone give me a tip, how I can reset/update/wipe my phone?
Thanks in advance for any help!

I've downloaded firefox on my MI4C and added the AdBlock Plus addon.
I think it was after that, that random popups appeared and in any browser some advertisement side opened, without anything I did.

I deleted every app, cleared app caches and the system cache, tried several anti-ad and anti-virus apps... nothing helped.

Now I went to settings and Reset my phone. Somehow this changed the ad-ware, but didn't get rid of it. I still get those strange popups with the message: "This app is financed by Advertisements.... " and two buttons "Cancel" and "Accept". I cancel those, but it pops up nearly every minute, which makes using the phone a mess.

How can I really reset my phone? Preferably I'd like to wipe all data and reset to factory default (international software). I only need english language support, but the EU version (with german) would be nice. Also I need the google app store.

Could someone give me a tip, how I can reset/update/wipe my phone?
Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi Genioe

This excellent forum entry explains everything what you have to do:

http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi4c-new-user-please-help.29471/

Good luck/Viel Glueck

Thanks, yeah, I saw that post. It's pretty well made.
However, I am specifically unsure about if this works, after I got a locked Bootloader. I guess this makes me unable to flash the old version, which is basically step 1, right?
My phone is pretty new, so it came shipped with version "77.00.44.00 (LXKCNCI) Stable". And I guess I have a locked bootloader. Can anyone correct or affirm that? Also I'm worried, since I don't have the rom whith which it shipped, that I'd break something and I get stuck with a version without google Play..

Thanks, yeah, I saw that post. It's pretty well made.
However, I am specifically unsure about if this works, after I got a locked Bootloader. I guess this makes me unable to flash the old version, which is basically step 1, right?
My phone is pretty new, so it came shipped with version "77.00.44.00 (LXKCNCI) Stable". And I guess I have a locked bootloader. Can anyone correct or affirm that? Also I'm worried, since I don't have the rom whith which it shipped, that I'd break something and I get stuck with a version without google Play..

My phone came with the same ROM you have (ordered in China).
I tried similar steps you took to get googl.apk and other stuff. But the Chinese stuff kept coming up.

At that point I realized I had to flash the ROM.

I am not sure that you locked your bootloader.