Mi4i Needs Multi Rom - How?

May 1, 2015
Hi,

I bought a Mi4i and a MiPad in Indonesia. Now I succesfully installed the V7 dev ROM on the MiPad, but I cannot find a suitable Fastboot ROM to flash to the Mi4i to make it accept the Multi ROMs. I tried a couple of Fastboot ROMs out there.

Do I have to use TWRP? I find the tutorial unclear - not sure how to get the ROM flashed to the phone. I am in Dev mode and I have USB debugging switched on, but TWRP keep telling me that it is "waiting for device".

Any help is appreciated...

Thanks!

Managed to get the Multi.EU stable V6 (latest) running on my Mi4i and I am all set.
I took the long root, since all the fast boot images that I found and installed do not allow to update to a Multi.EU rom.

I did the following:
1. Installed Mi4i Toolkit and Rooted the phone
2. Installed Flashily from app store
3. Installed the TWRP.img from the TWRP&Stockrecovery
4. Downloaded the latest stable MIUI6 multi.EU ROM and copied it to my phone.
5. Booted the phone in TWRP mode (volume up, Power)
6. Installed the ROM
7. Done!

I found all the details on the steps above in the forum.
So, thanks all for your contribution. I hope this summary helps people get their phone on their preferred European language.

Reactions: Valathar
Hallo,

Heb sedert gisteren ook de Mi4i maar ondanks je uitleg heb ik geen idee hoe ik de Nederlandse taal moet installeren...

Hoe rooten?
Waar download ik die multi.eu rom?
Ken niet veel van gsm rooten, dat merk je wel.

Alvast bedankt!

Hi Patrick,

I sent you a PM in Dutch, but there is a lot of collective knowledge on this forum. When I started I also did not know how to root the device and how to make it work. It takes some effort to find all the materials, finding the ROM is the easiest: follow the links ROMs DOWNLOAD at the top of the page.
Toolkit: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1eqnVInak04UE8wSUVKTWg2bzA/view
TWRP/Recovery IMG: https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZCt5VZs8Xk6LvblTX9VF9E14SxXmj1vkPk

Hope this helps in addition to the PM I sent you

Reactions: Valathar
Managed to get the Multi.EU stable V6 (latest) running on my Mi4i and I am all set.
I took the long root, since all the fast boot images that I found and installed do not allow to update to a Multi.EU rom.

I did the following:
1. Installed Mi4i Toolkit and Rooted the phone
2. Installed Flashily from app store
3. Installed the TWRP.img from the TWRP&Stockrecovery
4. Downloaded the latest stable MIUI6 multi.EU ROM and copied it to my phone.
5. Booted the phone in TWRP mode (volume up, Power)
6. Installed the ROM
7. Done!

I found all the details on the steps above in the forum.
So, thanks all for your contribution. I hope this summary helps people get their phone on their preferred European language.
Thank you so much for this! Do you know if auto-OTA updates would brik the phone?

I have not yet updated OTA, since i am using the stable ROM and not a developer ROM. After the procedure above your device is no longer rooted and therefore I do not see a problem updating over the air. I read that only on rooted devices an update OTA may cause issues.

I will keep you posted. Please share your experiences as well.