MI5 CHINA ROM DISCONTINUED

ejatamer

Members
Sep 2, 2016
I've heard there are news that miui china rom for mi5 8.11.22 will be the last for mi5..so soon is miui eu gonna continue with global developer or just gonna discontinued as well?

Phone became laggy with last MIUI beta, will look at the stable.
In the meantime I flashed pixelexperience based on android pie for the best. Amazing rom, no lag issue.
For the main device I am happy with oneplus, no more xiaomi as support is too short. Imho they are only good value for low end redmis that's all.

Xiaomi still supports some 4+ years phones. China ROM is discontinued because Chinese users lost interest in this phone. Globally it's still popular enough, so global ROM will still be updated. For a while...

Xiaomi still supports some 4+ years phones. China ROM is discontinued because Chinese users lost interest in this phone. Globally it's still popular enough, so global ROM will still be updated. For a while...
Global rom stopped the same.

Envoyé de mon MI 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

Source? I did see with my own eyes a MIUI.com official state that only China ROM will be discontinued, not global.
There is no global beta released on en.miui.com.
Do you have source saying that global beta still goes on ?

Envoyé de mon ONEPLUS A5000 en utilisant Tapatalk

They said global won't stop, but the truth is I haven't seen any kind of update since...

Had been thinking about getting a Mi5 on the cheap, but . . .

http://en.miui.com/thread-4874055-1-1.html

[Others] [Announcement] Regarding End of MIUI ROM Development of Mi5 and Redmi Note 3 Pro
#1Elaine2046 / 14:49, Dec-13-2018

We have confirmed with MIUI Global ROM developer team that there will be no Global Beta update for Mi 5 & Redmi Note 3 Pro, except for the last stable ROM that comes in the near future. And Beta Team for Mi 5 and Redmi Note 3 Pro will be disbanded after its release.

Yup, your pessimism was sadly well deserved by Xiaomi. Considering older phones still have updates, I never even considered they will kill the updates so soon. I hope at least they solve the Facebook/messenger bug in the last promised update. If there is any...

Yup, your pessimism was sadly well deserved by Xiaomi. Considering older phones still have updates, I never even considered they will kill the updates so soon. I hope at least they solve the Facebook/messenger bug in the last promised update. If there is any...
Not pessimism, the fact they announced China being discontinued but not global was just something that for me announced all devs end. However shuting down only global would have been a different picture. The good is that now my mi5 runs perfectly pixel experience 9 released in November with no issues, many solved items.