Mi5 Hard Bricked And Black Screen

stomas30

Members
Jan 17, 2016
Hello! Hope you guys can help me out sorting my problem with Mi5 Pro.

A friend of mine hard bricked the phone during flashing. No response whatsoever, phone totally dead. I managed to recognize it by PC via test points (showed Qualcomm QD-Loader 9008).
- installed succesfully fastboot rom Latest Global Stable via newest version of MiFlash (i was unsuccessfull with old version).
- it was a clean installation, wiped everything and everything went smooth,
but for some reason my screen is totally black. When i plug it into a wall charger it lights up first red light, then after a while green. I was thinkig it shows signs of life, but the screen no matter what i do is still black.
I can enter into fastboot (pwr + Vol-) but screen is always black.
I tried flashing via EDL mode, fastboot mode and non-work (always succesfull, but screen is always OFF).
I tried latest global and latest developer china version.
It seems that it has a bootloader unlocked because i tried flashing twrp via adb and it was ok, but i can't do anything because i cant see what i am doing on screen which is always black.
Is there anyway to revive this phone. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Put your phone in fastboot mode, and check on your computer with adb if the phone is bootloader unlocked or not. It was necessary before any kind of flashing, also if TWRP was successfully flashed.

You seems to have bricked your phone for true dude..

Then you can try to unlock the bootloader of your phone with black screen to rescue your phone.

Check if your BL is locker not with adb.
Try different command..

fastboot oem device-info
Or
fastboot oem get-info

Now if the BL is unlocked : Try flashing with another PC with driver signature disabled ? Or just cry I don't know.

Now if the BL is locked :
Flash the last China dev version in EDL mode.
Then unlock your bootloader with the tool from Xiaomi. ( Mi Unlocker)
Now flash the TWRP recovery from Xiaomi.eu(with adb, phone in fastboot mode), search in the download section.
Boot into TWRP,
Wipe all partitions including the internal storage.
flash the last Xiaomi.eu dev rom again via twrp.
Wipe data/cache/dalvik

Boot .

NOTE :
nobody sell a mi5 with unlocked Bootloader. You always have to do it, like written in BOLD BIG AND RED on the notice ....

Last edited:
I have the same exact problem. Just I was still on the ROM the phone came With when this suddenly happened.

Did Adrien's guide work?:)

Hello! Hope you guys can help me out sorting my problem with Mi5 Pro.

A friend of mine hard bricked the phone during flashing. No response whatsoever, phone totally dead. I managed to recognize it by PC via test points (showed Qualcomm QD-Loader 9008).
- installed succesfully fastboot rom Latest Global Stable via newest version of MiFlash (i was unsuccessfull with old version).
- it was a clean installation, wiped everything and everything went smooth,
but for some reason my screen is totally black. When i plug it into a wall charger it lights up first red light, then after a while green. I was thinkig it shows signs of life, but the screen no matter what i do is still black.
I can enter into fastboot (pwr + Vol-) but screen is always black.
I tried flashing via EDL mode, fastboot mode and non-work (always succesfull, but screen is always OFF).
I tried latest global and latest developer china version.
It seems that it has a bootloader unlocked because i tried flashing twrp via adb and it was ok, but i can't do anything because i cant see what i am doing on screen which is always black.
Is there anyway to revive this phone. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can it be a hardware problem ?

Trimis de pe al meu MI 5 folosind Tapatalk