Mi5s Global Rom Installation - Engineering Flash Cable Required?

Nighthunter

Members
Nov 20, 2016
Hi there,

I ordered the Xiaomi Mi5S and I want to install the Global ROM for multi languages and Google Store support.

What ROM options do I have?

I understand that the Xiaomi Mi5S comes locked.

Do I need the Mi Engineering Deep Flash Cable to unlock the phone?

I have installed custom roms on other android phones but never required special cable for that.

Thanks in advance for your support!

Cheers!

If you bricked the phone, you need the engineering cable. But if you just bought the phone, and are asking how to change the webshop or stock rom to a xiaomi.eu rom, then follow this guide.

Ps: bear in mind, that the latest rom for Mi5S is 6.11.10, as the last weeks rom in not available for this phone.

If you bricked the phone, you need the engineering cable. But if you just bought the phone, and are asking how to change the webshop or stock rom to a xiaomi.eu rom, then follow this guide.

Ps: bear in mind, that the latest rom for Mi5S is 6.11.10, as the last weeks rom in not available for this phone.

Hi,

I ordered the Mi5S just a few days ago and still waiting for it to arrive. It actually was advertised with Global ROM installed but the seller contacted me because it would take more time to ship as there is no official Global ROM available yet and they asked me to install it once available to get the phone shipped faster.

I have already installed alternate ROMs on other android phones (Sony Xperia/ OnePlus / Samsung Galaxy) but never had to use an engineering cable to flash them.

This is why I was asking if the cable is really a requirement to flash the phone with another rom that includes multi language and Google Playstore support.

I see. The "global rom" from the webshop is a malfunctioning, customised ROM by the webshop, wich most of the time ships with adware apps. My SIM card did not function until I changed the webshop rom to the original Mi5S firmware.

In your case, you do not need the flash cable. Just download the rom and install it using the linked guide.