MI5S only boots into recovery. Except with fastboot and the boot.img from PC...

bommelmeier

Members
Aug 23, 2020
Good evening,

Daughter Mi5S has the quirk since yesterday that it only boots into recovery.

I have already installed the current TWRP, no matter which ROM I flash - it does not boot into the system as desired, but into TWRP.

If I switch it to fast boot mode and give the appropriate boot.img from the PC to boot, then the Android 10 also boots up, wants to be set up, so the system partition seems to be ok, and flashing worked in principle.

But after the reboot the recovery starts again.

By the way, the stock recovery is no different after flashing.

I tried flashing with the MI tools and the fastboot "flash-all" command - everything went smoothly without any errors.

Last try was with the Xiaomi_Mi_5S_V10.2.3.0.OAGMIXM_20190426.0000.00_Global_8.0_(by_xiaomistockrom.com).zip
I have already flashed the boot.img to the boot partition via TWRP, all without success.

Recovery. Nothing else...

Anybody got any ideas? That's welcome...

Thanks a lot...

Bommel

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Good evening,

Daughter Mi5S has the quirk since yesterday that it only boots into recovery.

I have already installed the current TWRP, no matter which ROM I flash - it does not boot into the system as desired, but into TWRP.

If I switch it to fast boot mode and give the appropriate boot.img from the PC to boot, then the Android 10 also boots up, wants to be set up, so the system partition seems to be ok, and flashing worked in principle.

But after the reboot the recovery starts again.

By the way, the stock recovery is no different after flashing.

I tried flashing with the MI tools and the fastboot "flash-all" command - everything went smoothly without any errors.

Last try was with the Xiaomi_Mi_5S_V10.2.3.0.OAGMIXM_20190426.0000.00_Global_8.0_(by_xiaomistockrom.com).zip
I have already flashed the boot.img to the boot partition via TWRP, all without success.

Recovery. Nothing else...

Anybody got any ideas? That's welcome...

Thanks a lot...

Bommel

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
You have to format data in TWRP.

Flash latest stock ROM fastboot with miflash without lock bootloader .them reinstall twrp and xiaomi.eu ROM