Mi5x Battery Life

Matejus

Members
Jul 22, 2017
I have the 5X for a week now.
Got it with Miui 8.5.6 - Global. Android is 7.1.2

All I get is about 10 - 11h of battery life, with not a lot of use.
The first couple of days I thought ok, I am installing things, I have a lot of screen on time it's normal.
But lately I don't use the phone much (less than 1,5 h of screen on time - mostly web browsing, emails, a couple of calls), but still get to 40% battery after 8h at work. When I get home, after an hour of emails, some facebook, news and forums browsing, I am down to less than 20%.

It even drains excessivelly (in my opinion) when idle - during the night, the battery goes from fully charged to about 75%.

I am in an area, where the gsm reception is normal, at home and at work, the connection to the internet is via a wifi network.

Is this normal?
Is miui 9 supposed to do any better regarding this topic? If so, I will try to upgrade to 9, if not I will wait for the official update.

Here is my battery after first full charge. Sorry if photos are to big i am using tapatalk
d2feaa99a2328b75f16f28159bab9729.jpg
f7bd951485b78b186be53d02cdd4aa0e.jpg

Sent from my MI 5X using Tapatalk

As i can see u have bed network signal and you are using BT.
What rom are u using? Try change rom

Yes, the signal could be better, and I could switch the bluetooth off (I only use it for the handsfree connection in my car, but don't want to switch it on and off when I enter or exit the car). The fact is, that until I got the Mi 5x I used a 5 year old HTC One, which lasted about the same for the last 6 months, before that its battery lasted considerably longer, under the same conditions, which in my opinion makes the Mi's battery drain quite unacceptable.
I have one of the fake "global" roms.
Since it seems that anybody that tried to change one of those ended up with a brick instead of a nice new phone, I don't dare trying to change it until a proven solution comes along.

i agree with you, but then its not Xiaomi problem its vendors fault if he put fake rom.
I bought my phone from Hong Kong Goldway on Aliexpress and i managed to change rom no problem and now phone is working good. Same i did with my previous MI4c.

I did only one mistake while i instaled TWRP i somehow uninstalled OS :)
But lucky TWRP was alredy installed and this phone have mem. card slot so it was no big problem :)

Right now i am waiting for stable version of miui 9.

I just got a response from the vendor, that they will change my phone for one with original Xiaomi ROM.
Can I expect any real improvement regarding battery life? How are your phones holding up?
If the battery life is a problem with this phone in general, than I will rather sell it and buy some other model instead of sending it back to Hong Kong from Europe (and waiting a couple of weeks for the replacement to arrive).
Youtube videos show "tests" of the Mi 5x running videos for 12 hrs+ straight, internet browsing for 8hrs, gaming for 8hrs ... Is that a realistic expectation? Mine barely lasts 12 hrs if I do nothing. Actively using the phone (i.e. watching movies, gaming, facebook browsing), the battery is drained in 3-5 hrs max.

Well i dont see the problem with battery. Here is new print screen
I think this is very good.
d724c8df66a5f2ad93e74dad18b3611f.jpg

I sent the phone back, the seller agreed to replace it with an unchanged one with original rom. I am still waiting for the replacement.
I hope that will solve the battery drain problem.

You will be satisfied for sure with new phone and untouched Rom. Mine is with latest miui9 dev Good luck
Screenshot_2017-10-10-15-07-08-236_com.digibites.accubattery.png

I have the 5X for a week now.
Got it with Miui 8.5.6 - Global. Android is 7.1.2

All I get is about 10 - 11h of battery life, with not a lot of use.
The first couple of days I thought ok, I am installing things, I have a lot of screen on time it's normal.
But lately I don't use the phone much (less than 1,5 h of screen on time - mostly web browsing, emails, a couple of calls), but still get to 40% battery after 8h at work. When I get home, after an hour of emails, some facebook, news and forums browsing, I am down to less than 20%.

It even drains excessivelly (in my opinion) when idle - during the night, the battery goes from fully charged to about 75%.

I am in an area, where the gsm reception is normal, at home and at work, the connection to the internet is via a wifi network.

Is this normal?
Is miui 9 supposed to do any better regarding this topic? If so, I will try to upgrade to 9, if not I will wait for the official update.

a