Mi8 battery life

Eyehaveyou

Members
Apr 24, 2019
Hey everyone, I've been having some battery issues on the latest firmware. Not sure if it is normal that my battery keeps getting drained while the Phone is idle. Any suggestions?

For me it was a faulty backup in the Mi Cloud. Battery drain was really bad for everything higher than 9.3.14. I tried everything, nothing worked and I ended up staying on 9.3.14 for along time with occasional tests of newer release only to realize, nothing changed. Suddenly, after going back to 9.3.14 the battery drain was there as well. I also realized, that I was unable to restore from google drive anymore. Something happened to may backup due to constantly switching between old and new releases. Soni took a manual backup and deleted both cloud backups, Mi as well as google. Did a clean install afterwards, Voilà! Perfect battery performance plus a very snappy and responsive Mi8 again. Battery lasts for 1 1/2 day with a lot of SOT. This is of course a drastic move but helped me a lot. 9.4.18 is in fact the best release now.

Gesendet von meinem MI 8 mit Tapatalk

Last edited:
For me it was a faulty backup in the Mi Cloud. Battery drain was really bad for everything higher than 9.3.14. I tried everything, nothing worked and I ended up staying on 9.3.14 for along time with occasional tests of newer release only to realize, nothing changed. Suddenly, after going back to 9.3.14 the battery drain was there as well. I also realized, that I was unable to restore from google drive anymore. Something happened to may backup due to constantly switching between old and new releases. Soni took a manual backup and deleted both cloud backups, Mi as well as google. Did a clean install afterwards, Voilà! Perfect battery performance plus a very snappy and responsive Mi8 again. Battery lasts for 1 1/2 day with a lot of SOT. This is of course a drastic move but helped me a lot. 9.4.18 is in fact the best release now.

SOT picture please :)

Reactions: Eclipse1991

Did you just factory reset the phone or did you wipe everything?

@zeyentology Which apps do you use and have you deinstalles some systemapps? 10 hours of sot is absolutely insane and ive not seen a single person who gets so many hours with recent weeklies. The only rom were ive seen such a sot is syberia.

@zeyentology Which apps do you use and have you deinstalles some systemapps? 10 hours of sot is absolutely insane and ive not seen a single person who gets so many hours with recent weeklies. The only rom were ive seen such a sot is syberia.

I have the same excellent battery performance as on 9.3.14 which is known for its outstanding battery performance. Believe me, I was so surprised.I found it extremely annoying to have that bad battery performance especially since one of Xiaomis USPs is a good battery performance in the first place. At least was this.my experience for the last years.
myself.
6f16c43a2b9cc22af7a84775d350d527.jpg

According to your gsam screenshot, you must have charged your device at least once because how would you achieve those 115% then ?

Could you post a screenshot of your battery consumption overview (graph) ?

Last edited:
To be honest: I actually don't care if you trust me or not. It's a recommendation. I'm using my phone intesively and this screen shot was made instantly and not right after charging on this afore mentioned monday. Even if you substract these additional 15% from the overall result you'll see, this is a very good result.

I didnt say that i dont trust you, glad to see someone with such an high sot on MIUI. Thats the reason why I would like have seen the graph. Well lets give it a try with a clean install.

Keep my special case in mind: I completely deleted my backups. No old settings could be restored this way, whichIi expect to be the cause of this. Maybe a clean install doesn't give you the same results but I'm looking forward for your feedback. Let's hope it solves your battery drain as well. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: Eclipse1991
Good battery Performance for me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-04-25-12-48-22-725_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2019-04-25-12-48-22-725_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    83.9 KB · Views: 556
  • Screenshot_2019-04-25-12-48-28-683_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2019-04-25-12-48-28-683_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    190.7 KB · Views: 533