Mi8 downgrade weekly to stable

Harrylockpicker

Members
Mar 20, 2019
Hi all,

Using 9.3.14 at the moment and Google pay stopped working.

Can I downgrade to 10.3 stable or do I have problems with rollback protection of Mi8? Using Mi8 128GB China Version.

You guys think a dirty flash would be possible as reconfiguration of my 200 apps would be hard...

Hi all,

Using 9.3.14 at the moment and Google pay stopped working.

Can I downgrade to 10.3 stable or do I have problems with rollback protection of Mi8? Using Mi8 128GB China Version.

You guys think a dirty flash would be possible as reconfiguration of my 200 apps would be hard...
If you want to flash the 10.2 stable xiaomi.eu then you dont need to care about arb because the xiaomi.eu rom dont have arb. If you want to flash the official global 10.3 then you need to check your current rollback index. You will need to do a factory reset, you could try to backup your data Partition and restore it later, after flashing the stable, but im not sure if it works without problems.

Apart from that, gpay wont work on the stable either. Youll need to root the device with magisks and hide gpay and google play services with Magisk Hide.

Gesendet von meinem MI 8 mit Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: LOLO9393
I tried everything with magisk, but unfortunately it did not work. :D but as far as I read here I'm not alone with Gpay not working anymore, even with Magisk.

All the apps are still screaming that my device is rooted but I was able to add PayPal now again to Gpay. Will test at a store soon. Thank you all!

Reinstalled one of the apps. Now no root alert. Seems like apps are saved root status somewhere in cache.

Last edited:
Was ist wenn ich nun morgen ein update einspiele, muss ich dann wieder rooten? Magisk ist drauf, kann ich einfach so OTA machen oder lande ich in einem Loop? Dann wieder GPaY hast du das Update von gestern gemacht? Btw der Stromverbrauch der aktuellen weekly ist kacke auf meinem mi8.

Also ich lade früher wie heute einmal Nachmittags das Handy auf. Ansonsten hängt es Nachts am Strom. Also 1,5-2 Zyklen pro Tag. Gucke aber viel YouTube und Netflix und zocke.

Hab gestern Gpay installiert und heute geht es. Updates der Rom werde ich erstmal nicht mehr machen da ich auch keine Bugs habe.

Also nach Update der Rom ist Magiks auf jeden Fall weg. Wegen dem Loop kann ich es dir nicht sagen aber ein löschen von Magisk und somit wiederherstellen des Bootimages kann ja nicht schaden vor einem OTA Update.