Mi8 only EDGE or H+ phone network

Renek74

Members
Dec 10, 2016
I have the Mi8 since one week and I am not happy. Before I had the Mi5.
One of many problems I have with Mi8. With the Mi5 i had most 3G network.
Now I have only EDGE or H+. So whats happens with the Mi8 that I don´t have 3G or 4G. Have anywhere also this problem?
Many thanks for help.

ROM 8.7.26

I have the Mi8 since one week and I am not happy. Before I had the Mi5.
One of many problems I have with Mi8. With the Mi5 i had most 3G network.
Now I have only EDGE or H+. So whats happens with the Mi8 that I don´t have 3G or 4G. Have anywhere also this problem?
Many thanks for help.

ROM 8.7.26

try going to the settings> sim and mobile networks> select the manager of your sim (vodafone, wind ...)> click on the default network type> select your network (if available). P: S not said that the 4g or 3g network is available (the latter 90% covers almost all areas, as long as you do not live in the countryside, and in your surrounding area has almost no city). as for 4g and 4g plus, you have to check your SIM and phone (both if they are 4g) your phone is necessarily 4g, as long as you do not block in an update that you have downloaded and installed (me to example I have an iphone I updated an update to enable the 4 g, but after a couple of months I got an update again, so I did, after this last software update, I do not enable / enable the 4g network, and rest at 3g, maximum in 3g lte [the latter if you have enabled it]). I do not know if I have explained it well or not, in any case if you do not understand, forgive me. Hello

I think Mi8 is not so good like my old Mi5. Think maybe the modem is poor or is still a software bug. If I switch in *#*#4636#*#* the 3G will be shown for a second and than is only H+ shown. It sucks....