Mi9 Anti rollback protection

ihsaaan

Members
Apr 24, 2019
Im currently running MIUI 10 on my Mi 9 and wanted to install MIUI 11 but have briefly read an article about anti rollback protection. Does MIUI 11 eu install the anti roll back feature or is it safe to proceed?

No...
ef50c7991d0859135efbce34e3d6352d.jpg

What about the warning when attempting to unlock the boot loader that says "After you add your Mi account, dont sign out of it, perform a factory reset, or clear system apps' data. If you do any of the above, add your account again or you wont be able to unlock your device"

This doesnt make too much sense to me, can someone please break it down or simply it?

Because when I flash the phone everything will get erased, does that not mean that I wont be able login again?

What about the warning when attempting to unlock the boot loader that says "After you add your Mi account, dont sign out of it, perform a factory reset, or clear system apps' data. If you do any of the above, add your account again or you wont be able to unlock your device"

This doesnt make too much sense to me, can someone please break it down or simply it?

Because when I flash the phone everything will get erased, does that not mean that I wont be able login again?
Don't worry about the warning, it's about the waiting period for unlocking the bootloader. If you sign out or factory reset, the waiting period will reset. Just don't forget your login information. You will have to login to your phone after unlocking the bootloader.