Mic Problem When Making Calls And No Option To Fix It.

ojobenito

Members
Sep 1, 2014
Hi.
I have a friend's Redmi Note 2 Prime here (xiaomi.eu rom from a couple of weeks), that after a week of perfect use (the phone is new), since a couple of days, with no aparent reason, whenever he makes a phone call, the person on the other side of the call can't hear him. They describe it as "echo and like if he was talking very far away from the mic". Talking with hands-free mode, speaker on, works great, but if he makes a normal phone call the other person on the call can't hear his voice.

It's the same issue that a lot of people had in the past (my brother had that problem on Redmi 1S), and it was quick-fixed by changing the options in "Noise cancellation microphone" option under "Sound & vibration" settings.

Now on the Redmi Note 2 Prime, that option is not there, so can't fix that problem. Do anybody has a clue to solve and fix that problem? (once again, the "noise cancellation mic" options are not there in Redmi Note 2)

Thanks a lot!

Hi, it seems to be a bug with older rom, the noise reduction mic and the main mic were switched so if you speak from the noise reduction mic your friend will hear you high and clear.

Actually a full reset with data wipe and also an update to latest Xiaomi.eu Rom may be the only solution

I had same problem with 5.11.5. I've downgraded to 5.10.22 and now the mic is working fine.

Trimis de pe al meu Redmi Note 2 folosind Tapatalk

I have the same problem after shooting video. Interlocutor hears me as i am speeking very far. Only rebooting solves a problem.
Fw 7.0.6.0 stable (xiaomi.eu).
How to fix?

Hi good people !
Here is a solution I am happy to share with you to the microphone issue on the redmi note2 .
If people complain they cant hear you well and they are hearing the environment too lowd, simply cover the upper mic with a very small plastic tape, and thats it!
for some reason the upper mic , next to your ear intended for reducing noise isnt working well (probably a software issue that will be solved next miui version) so blocking it is best for now.
Great phone besides that, have a great day!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi everyone,
Same problem here with my redmi. When I make a call the microphone that works is the upper one (the mic near the jack 3.5). So when I make a call (or answer) I have to speak near the upper microphone because in the other case people can't hear me...they say that I'm speaking very far from the phone.

The miui installed is the original 7.3 stable. Never installed a dev or other version or Google OK (google now) app...

What can I do? :(

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Somewhere I found that the problem is in camera app. If you record a video in landscape mode, it seems that lower mic gets turned off. That's why person on the other side can't hear you or they hear a very distant voice when calling. I didn't found any permanent solution, but if you record a video in portrait mode, the mic gets turned on again, and when making a call person on the other side will hear you loud and clear.

Somewhere I found that the problem is in camera app. If you record a video in landscape mode, it seems that lower mic gets turned off. That's why person on the other side can't hear you or they hear a very distant voice when calling. I didn't found any permanent solution, but if you record a video in portrait mode, the mic gets turned on again, and when making a call person on the other side will hear you loud and clear.
Oh gosh, you are right! That's strange...
Thank you very much you saved my life!

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I had the same problem. Turns out that if you change the sim card from the first slot to the second it fixes the low mic.