Micro g rom

G3neral

Members
Mar 15, 2018
Hi all,

I am wondering would it be possible to remove google apps from xiaomi.eu rom, and to install microg as alternative to google apps?

For instance with kitkat rom xiaomi.eu_multi_cancro_5.12.17_v7-4.4, I can get 5 hours of screen on time with no problem (about 4 hours with miui 10 rom), and I think that with microg this could be even better (maybe with miui 10 also).

While I am at it, I have a question concerning miui 10 on mi4. Is it possible in any way to enable scrolling of messages in notifications/lock screen? For instance when i receive multiple messages from one person, in custom nougat roms i can expand them and scroll through them in lock screen, and in notification bar. If it exist is it possible to enable in kitkat roms (i.e. the rom stated above)?

I thank you all for the replies in advance.

Hi all,

I am wondering would it be possible to remove google apps from xiaomi.eu rom, and to install microg as alternative to google apps?

For instance with kitkat rom xiaomi.eu_multi_cancro_5.12.17_v7-4.4, I can get 5 hours of screen on time with no problem (about 4 hours with miui 10 rom), and I think that with microg this could be even better (maybe with miui 10 also).

While I am at it, I have a question concerning miui 10 on mi4. Is it possible in any way to enable scrolling of messages in notifications/lock screen? For instance when i receive multiple messages from one person, in custom nougat roms i can expand them and scroll through them in lock screen, and in notification bar. If it exist is it possible to enable in kitkat roms (i.e. the rom stated above)?

I thank you all for the replies in advance.
You can try it by making a rom from chinese rom your self and use microg.
Isn't the google apps already small enough on eu roms as almost no bloatware is installed.

You can try it by making a rom from chinese rom your self and use microg.
Isn't the google apps already small enough on eu roms as almost no bloatware is installed.

It is, but it is still sucking the battery in the background... If I was to gain an hour of screen on time, it would be well worth it for me. All I use from google is play store...

Any ideas about notifications?