Microphone not working when making calls (people cannot hear me)

AdRem

Members
Jun 17, 2019
I have just updated my phone redmi Note 7 (lavender) with the new weekly Android Pie 10 and since then I cannot make phone calls.
I can actually make phone calls but the party on the other side does not hear me and I have also tried making Viber out calls VOIP and they also cannot hear me.
but the funny thing is Google Voice typing and Google Voice Assistant can hear me so the microphone Hardware is obviously working.
Does anybody have any idea how to fix this problem? It's driving me mental and I obviously have a phone that cannot make phone calls now.
Very frustrated and ready to throw my phone in the bin.

since updating with the new rum also my TWRP it's now asking for a password to be able to operate and I don't have one and I can't make it work without it. Does anybody have any idea if reflashing the TW RP fast boot will make this go away?

Reactions: @pamloor
Just wondering why people aren't able or not willing to use the search... All topics already discussed so often and solved.

• microphone: like jaco25 said. Disable Google voice match
  • twrp: install OrangeFox recovery

As I already mentioned ;
"since updating with the new rom also my TWRP it's now asking for a password to be able to operate and I don't have one and I can't make it work without it."
So the consequence of that is that I cannot install orangefox.
What I didn't mention in my original post is that obviously I have already tried disabling Google Voice Assistant that made no difference. The microphone doesn't work on phone calls but it also doesn't work when using Viber voice over IP however it does work for Google Voice Assistant. It also works fine for Google voice typing which I use a lot

However my main problem right now is to get TWRP to work so does anyone have a solution for that? I have tried doing a factory reset and a wipe and none of that makes a difference - TWRP is still asking for a password.
Just telling me to go search the forums is not helpful

I had the same experience with password in TWRP after last update. I skipped this message and installed OrangeFox recovery in TWRP via USB-OTG. Done

What version of MIUI are you currently using? You can skip the password and install it from an SD or USB OTG card. Install Orange Fox via ADB.

Wysłane z mojego Redmi Note 7 przy użyciu Tapatalka