MiPad batery problem?

ToMo73

Members
Jan 18, 2014
Hello to all,

I have a problem with my new MiPad, 64 Gb. It was working without problems for two weeks and today when I came from work I found it turned off on charger but cant turn it on and wont charge at all. I was asking kids did they did something and they say it was not even used today. My daughter said that she want to play some Sims some half hour before I came home and that it was off and she put it on charger. After hour on charger there are no signs of life in it... :( There is no notification light, charger is not warm as usually when charging. What can it be? Have someone had such problem? Is there any reset knob?

Any help appreciated!

I had a similar issue few days ago. My mipad ran out of battery and then wouldn't charge for a whole night. What I did was enter fastboot (volume down + power) with charger connected. After that just shut down and it worked....very strange.
Maybe you give that a try

Reactions: ToMo73
OK, thanks. Will do now and report back...

edit:
I pressed it for some 15 sec but nothing happened so I thought thats it... but when I released it began to boot. It did not go to recovery as you stated but went straight to boot. And when booted it shows 45% battery status and charging.

For now this is solved, but do I need to recalibrate battery to prevent to happen that again? Or has someone other useful suggestion?

Again, bross_ph, thank you very much!

Last edited:
Hi there.. My I know about mipad a little? Is the mipad cane with google play store? And how bout language? Is there really English or mix with Chinese pinyin the menu or setting?

Sent from my HM NOTE 1W

Hi,

I didn't understand exactly all of your questions (English isn't my native language, but it is not yours... ;) ). MiPad comes without PlayStore but it is not a problem to install it afterwards. And English language is offcourse supported...

Hope I helped, if you need anything just ask.

Reactions: afat75
I bought my Mi Pad from xiaomishop.com and it came with Google Play Store, Google Keyboard and SuperSU installed also the latest rom I downloaded from here, 4.8.22, has them all on too plus a few languages supported when setting up the device. I didn't pay attention to which languages exactly as I just wanted to set it up so selected English and carried on and everything is in English as I use the device.

Not sure if this answers your question? :)

Reactions: afat75