New MIUI 10 8.7.12 - Sounds for arrived SMS and notifications

vuon9

Members
Jul 15, 2018
In Settings > Sound & vibration > Sounds for messages and notifications
It seems sounds of SMS & notification has been merged in one menu? :rolleyes:
I couldn't find the way how to change arrived SMS sound and still keep the sound of notifications as the original.

Device: Redmi 4x
ROM: 8.7.12 - MIUI 10 Weekly

Screenshot:
photo_2018-07-15_13-20-56.jpg

Reactions: Muggel49
In Settings > Sound & vibration > Sounds for messages and notifications
It seems sounds of SMS & notification has been merged in one menu? :rolleyes:
I couldn't find the way how to change arrived SMS sound and still keep the sound of notifications as the original.

Device: Redmi 4x
ROM: 8.7.12 - MIUI 10 Weekly
Yeah they merged them, but those with Android 8.0 or 8.1 can customize the sound for Messaging app. No solution for older Android.

It's absolutely unsatisfactory! No Android 8 and therefore no way to customize.

Think I'll go back to MiUI 9

After some work and testing, we have brought separate "Default notification sound" and "Message received" settings for pre-Oreo devices, those changes should be available on the next public release.
As for Oreo users, you can already customize the sound for Messaging app, and any other app for that matter, in Notification settings for the app.

After some work and testing, we have brought separate "Default notification sound" and "Message received" settings for pre-Oreo devices, those changes should be available on the next public release.
As for Oreo users, you can already customize the sound for Messaging app, and any other app for that matter, in Notification settings for the app.
What about devices in android 9, aka Pie?

You can already customize SMS sound like in Oreo:
Settings -> Installed apps -> Messaging -> Notifications -> Messages -> Custom sound
Thank you, after reading the forum more carefully i found the same tip. Thanks! This seems to be the official way to have different sms notification sound! All is good now :)

Thank you, after reading the forum more carefully i found the same tip. Thanks! This seems to be the official way to have different sms notification sound! All is good now :)
Actually it's exclusive to Xiaomi.eu. The official MIUI way is different.

Reactions: 77bba