New [MIUI 11.0.1.0, Redmi 8] Internal storage is encrypted after update to Android 10

Ovidiu05

Members
Aug 23, 2020
After updating from MIUI 11.0.1.0 Android 9 to MIUI 11.0.1.0 Android 10 one or two weeks ago I can no longer access the /sdcard partition in TWRP as every folder has been encrypted. I tried getting rid of the model I had as a lock screen or changing it to a password, all to no avail. This has made me unable to flash anything. Below I have attached a picture of how the internal storage looks in TWRP. It seems that the /sdcard partition is the only one affected, with the others still being readable by TWRP. Does anybody know how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_20200823_202455.jpg
    IMG_20200823_202455.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 871
After updating from MIUI 11.0.1.0 Android 9 to MIUI 11.0.1.0 Android 10 one or two weeks ago I can no longer access the /sdcard partition in TWRP as every folder has been encrypted. I tried getting rid of the model I had as a lock screen or changing it to a password, all to no avail. This has made me unable to flash anything. Below I have attached a picture of how the internal storage looks in TWRP. It seems that the /sdcard partition is the only one affected, with the others still being readable by TWRP. Does anybody know how to fix this? Thanks in advance!
Firstly check if you have the latest TWRP release. If no, install it and input a PW pin in order to verify its working.
Not successful:
Reflash the eu rom doing a format data ans set a password. (you know what a format data is? backup your data)
If you din't want to format and you don't care of the TWRP password, you can install the EU rom from external SD card or OTG.
That avoid to format your data but you still can't decrypt in TWRP. Not a big issue if you only do rom update.

Why do you post this here? Encryption is not a bug but intended behaviour because of security reasons. As @LOLO9393 says use a TWRP that can handle encryption.