New MIUI 11.0 - alarm app does not always show on the screen

TheReduxPL

Members
Sep 14, 2013
What I expected: when the alarm goes off, the app unlocks the phone and shows up on the screen, allowing me to snooze or turn off the alarm right away.
What sometimes happens: when the alarm goes off, the screen stays off, forcing me to unlock the phone, expand notifications, click the alarm notification and only after all that I can snooze or turn off the alarm.

MIUI 11.0 Stable on Pocophone F1. Anyone else having that problem?

I think it only happens when DND is activated, but ... heck, it's stupid, I mean I do not want to be called during my sleep.

Haven't had this issue on Mi 8 yet.

Maybe I was lucky or it it device-specific (?).

Set an alarm for 3 minutes from now, or something, put the phone on DND, see what happens when the alarm goes off.

Good to see it's not just me, higher chance to see this get fixed :)
For now I switched to Google's Clock app, worked just fine this morning.
Might be related to DND since I'm using it too.

It is probably not even ROM related, as I tested on both MIUI 11 Global and MIUI 11 EEA versions, same result.

I have the same issue on A2, I have to unlock the phone before i can snooze or turn the alarm off.
I am having this problem for over a month now.
Is there no fix?

Set an alarm for 3 minutes from now, or something, put the phone on DND, see what happens when the alarm goes off.
1. ONE minute ahead suffices.
2. I did set DND to ON and relaunched my TEST alarm, it worked. Then I turned DND back to OFF, the TEST still worked.
3. This doesn't change the facts that all OTHER alarms (currently 21, some with Repeat), that I had set BEFORE the faulty Android update, are still NOT working, even when I change their date and time and their Repeat setting. Must I recreate them all after each Android Update? Will those new ones work, as the TEST one did?
Versailles, Thu 03 Sep 2020 09:49:25 +0200