Miui 11.2 Beta Root solution?

Alexandru Carp

Members
Jul 13, 2013
Hello friends.
What file manager do you use for managing root files? I have tried Solid Explorer but for some reason it can not edit/delete system files, even if root permissions are granted. I'm rooted with the special version of Magisk and runing MIUI 11.2(20.1.16 Weekly).

Hello,
You can't modify "/system" partition, it's on protected "Read-Only" mode.
But Magisk creates a mirror directory of "/system" where you can edit files/folders with Solid Explorer.

Magisk "mirror" path is: /sbin/.magisk/mirror/

INFO: You need to enable "Show hidden files" in "Folders options" (from top right 3-dots menu) if you don't see the ".magisk" folder.

;)

Hello,
You can't modify "/system" partition, it's on protected "Read-Only" mode.
But Magisk creates a mirror directory of "/system" where you can edit files/folders with Solid Explorer.

Magisk "mirror" path is: /sbin/.magisk/mirror/

INFO: You need to enable "Show hidden files" in "Folders options" (from top right 3-dots menu) if you don't see the ".magisk" folder.

;)
Thank you. But, some apps work correctly without navigate to sbin/magisk/mirror folder. For example, Root Explorer, by Speedsoftware, can modify system files, as it has a button (Mount RW). Can we permanently mount the system as RW? Thank you.

I don't know how we can mount System as "Read-Write" (not "Read-Only") permanently.
On linux-based system, it has a "fstab" file to configure partitions but seems complicated on Android...