MIUI 11

zar Marco

Members
Aug 26, 2019
Hi all, You'll put miui 11 on mi note 2? Or this device will "dead" with 10 version?

Inviato dal mio MI 9 utilizzando Tapatalk

It is very likely that Mi Note 2 won't receive MIUI 11, along with the other old Android 7.1/8.0 devices, although I did see that MIUI 11 was also planned for Mi 5s and Mi 5s Plus, so there's still a change you'll get it too.

Reactions: zar Marco
Official Miui Yes, Xiaomi.eu no because Team Xiaomi.eu EOL 7/7.1 android devices.

EU 9.9.26 downloaded, not yet installed.

Still Android 8.0 by the file name.
Checked modem file, unchanged since 9.8.29.
So should be no surprises as to the radio.

Well, compliments for updated quickly for mi note 2. Thank so much

Inviato dal mio MI 9 utilizzando Tapatalk

Same baseband, kernel and security patch versions as 9.8.29.

The only real changes seems to be different colors/ icons in the settings, and the fun new sounds.
There were some previously hidden away in the clock, only for the timer.

This one feels "lighter" somehow, perhaps they have improved performance somewhat.

And no AOD for poor Mi Note 2.

Must try to install the scalable font, see if that can be got to work.

Sorry but the Dark theme is not present even on MIUI 11? absurd it was present in the first versions being an OLED and now there is not something wrong? Thanks for your help

So MIUI 11 9.10.10 version is last beta for Android 8.x devices including Mi Note 2. I was on weekly beta so far, is it better now to jump on stable (after a clean flash) as there will be no more betas for this phone? Any chance for further stable releases (idk 11.1 11.2 and so on) for Scorpio? I am not familiar with releasing policy of stable versions.

So MIUI 11 9.10.10 version is last beta for Android 8.x devices including Mi Note 2. I was on weekly beta so far, is it better now to jump on stable (after a clean flash) as there will be no more betas for this phone? Any chance for further stable releases (idk 11.1 11.2 and so on) for Scorpio? I am not familiar with releasing policy of stable versions.

I figure on staying on the last really good weekly, this one 9.10.10 is a candidate if no serious bugs appear.

Xiaomi will probably eventually release a final stable for these devices, but I would not count on it being very good, and Xiaomi.eu may not do it - that is what happened with the Max1 at least.

Reactions: Tinuszka
One can always migrate to LineageOS 16, Android 9, which currently is supporting automatic nightly(!) builds for the Note 2: