MIUI 12 & 12.5

Deeepa

Members
Feb 27, 2021
Why can't I find Redmi Note 5 in MIUI 12 download page? I remember than a lot of time ago I installed it on my redmi note 5 and now I can't find it anymore.
Another question: will miui 12.5 be developed for whyred?

Actually this device is obsolete and no one will make an effort anymore. The last beta is as stable as can be and I never had any problems. Meanwhile I changed to LOS 17.1 with the redmi note5 - it's really good working.

when we will see final stable ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :((((((((
the final and official stable was launched by xiaomi (V12.0.2.0.PEIMIXM. check in "https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/whyred/")
but EU devs using the chinese rom to make EU roms, and the official chinese rom wasn't launched

ps: i read this last global rom (V12.0.2.0.PEIMIXM) is with issues with bootloops so, if you try run this rom, do it at your own risk

ps2: i don't understand why the EU devs made a EU rom to Redmi Note 6 Pro (TULIP) using the global rom, but not to the RN5

the final and official stable was launched by xiaomi (V12.0.2.0.PEIMIXM. check in "https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/whyred/")
but EU devs using the chinese rom to make EU roms, and the official chinese rom wasn't launched

ps: i read this last global rom (V12.0.2.0.PEIMIXM) is with issues with bootloops so, if you try run this rom, do it at your own risk

ps2: i don't understand why the EU devs made a EU rom to Redmi Note 6 Pro (TULIP) using the global rom, but not to the RN5

No bootloop issues on the global official MIUI 12 build here coming from Lineage 17.1 and using the latest official TWRP recovery.

I have rooted the global MIUI 12 release with Magisk 22 and have debloated using root uninstaller to freeze all of the unneccesary Xiaomi packages.
It has been 100% stable so far for me and I have yet to find any bugs.

I would much rather run the xiaomi.eu rom too though, but unless the devs take the time to create one from the final MIUI 12 global rom, I guess the fun is over.

It is a shame to see our whyred EOLed. The device is still perfectly usable, especially the 4/6GB ram models.

PS. Lineage 17.1 worked great as well and I had been running variations of lineage on the phone for a couple years, I just needed Android Auto to work now that I have a new vehicle. For me, that bug was a show-stopper.

Edit: If any of you guys do try the MIUI 12.5 port linked to above, and have the ability to test android auto with a compatible headunit, please let me know if it works. I'd love to give that a spin. I just don't have a lot of time to test and chase bugs right now. Thanks!

Last edited: