[MIUI 13/14][MAGISK][ROOT] Enable dark mode on third party apps

famusc

Members
Jul 4, 2013
Hi guys,
I created a simple magisk module which adds all third party apps in ForceDarkAppSettings.json, thus enabling (or disabling) dark mode for all third party apps in MIUI 13 and MIUI 14.
After installing the module and restart, you'll find all third party apps in dark mode settings.
If you install a new app, it needs a restart to see it in dark mode list.

This module works only if it finds both ForceDarkAppSettings.json and packages.list files.

Please download the correct file for your MIUI version.

* The module is provided as it is, with no support. If you make changes, please give credit *

Tested on MIUI 13 stable MI 10 Ultra.

Attachments

• MIUI13-Dark_mode_for_all-1.5.zip
    4 KB · Views: 1,078
  • MIUI14-Dark_mode_for_all-1.5.zip
    4.4 KB · Views: 1,524
Last edited:
Hi guys,
I created a simple magisk module which adds all third party apps in ForceDarkAppSettings.json, thus enabling (or disabling) dark mode for third party apps in MIUI 13 again.
After installing the module and restart, you'll find all third party apps in dark mode settings.

This module works only if it finds both ForceDarkAppSettings.json and packages.list files.

* The module is provided as it is, with no support. If you make changes, please give credit *

Tested on Poco F2 Pro (MIUI13.0.2) and it works❤️

This works even better than the stock miui 12/12.5 dark mode. Thank you so much for this.

hello if I put the dark mode why not apply the themes to the phone keyboard? While if I put the clear mode, yes? Is there a way to put dark mode only in the system settings and apps menu?

hello if I put the dark mode why not apply the themes to the phone keyboard? While if I put the clear mode, yes? Is there a way to put dark mode only in the system settings and apps menu?
Mmmmm I have no idea... this mod just makes dark mode switch for third party apps visible again, it's does not change default behaviour

So there is no way to put light mode and switch system apps or menus to dark mode?

So there is no way to put light mode and switch system apps or menus to dark mode?
This module is for force dark mode. It means that the system adds dark mode without adding stuff to menus etc. It can a selective inversion of non-image elements algorithm

ok but if I make it clear it makes me apply the themes I want to mode on the phone keypad and on the message screen, but the menus for example of the settings remain white! if instead I put the dark mode all the menus remain black but it does not make me apply the changes with the themes on keyboards and messages

ok but if I make it clear it makes me apply the themes I want to mode on the phone keypad and on the message screen, but the menus for example of the settings remain white! if instead I put the dark mode all the menus remain black but it does not make me apply the changes with the themes on keyboards and messages
Please use google translate because i dont understand what youre trying to say

if I put the clear mode it makes me apply the themes I want on the phone keypad menu and on the message menu, but the menus for example of the settings remain white! if instead I put the dark mode all the menus remain black but it does not make me apply the changes with the themes on keyboards and messages

Hi guys,
I created a simple magisk module which adds all third party apps in ForceDarkAppSettings.json, thus enabling (or disabling) dark mode for third party apps in MIUI 13 again.

Its works great MI T10 PRO miui 13.0.6

Hello !
Does this work on a Xiaomi 12 (MIUI 13.0.19.0) ?
How do I install it please ?
Does this need a root ? If yes, how do I root my phone ?

Hello !
Does this work on a Xiaomi 12 (MIUI 13.0.19.0) ?
How do I install it please ?
Does this need a root ? If yes, how do I root my phone ?
Yes, it works but you need root. Here's how to do it (you'll have to format your phone 2 times and you'll lose warranty. Search for requirements to pass safety net so that you can use Google pay, Netflix etc)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: katerpanne
Hi guys,

Hi guys,

Works great, but the issue is every time I restart the device, it resets my Display Size to Default.

Any fix for that? Can you add DPI 514 to the module please

Miui 13 android 12 Mi 11 Ultra, Stable eu latest

Last edited:
Works great, but the issue is every time I restart the device, it resets my Display Size to Default.

Any fix for that? Can you add DPI 514 to the module please

Miui 13 android 12 Mi 11 Ultra, Stable eu latest
Sorry but this mod has nothing to do with DPI nor it changes any settings related to it. It just patches a darkmode system file. So there's no way I can help with DPI. Maybe you just need to force DPI in another way

Hello. It was working fine at first but now I don't know what happened it just started showing some apps. Other apps do not appear in the list and do not scroll down. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Magisk module but it didn't help. How can I view all apps again?

Hello. It was working fine at first but now I don't know what happened it just started showing some apps. Other apps do not appear in the list and do not scroll down. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Magisk module but it didn't help. How can I view all apps again?
You have to uninstall the apps that aren't displayed, reinstall them and then reboot your device. At least in my case it didn't happen ever again. Only once and it probably won't happen again since miui enabled this by default on miui 13.0.5