Miui 13 for 11 Lite 5G, backup to restore?

Gralfitox

Members
Apr 8, 2019
Hi, just ordered a new phone cause old, but excellent mi8 se screenshot crashed :'( .

Have few questions

1 Is good idea to download same preinstalled ROM, just if downgrade, if possible, is needed?

2 last miui 13 is fastboot only, instructions on ROM thread are only available for A12 phones, mine comes with A11, what should I do?

I've read several threads and seems not to exist an only way to flash a new ROM, I would like to be sure, as you could understand

Thanks in advance.

I don't understand the question 1.

For question 2, the instructions explains how to install an A12 ROM on your phone, they don't require an phone with A12 to be applied.

Hi, thanks for your quick reply.
Sorry maybe did not explain clearly enough.

What I mean is, do I need to keep a copy of the ROM the phone comes with, obviously downloading it from mi.com, just to downgrade if anything goes wrong when applying xiaomi.eu ROM?

And for you answer, I made a screenshot, it says devices on A11, and gives only instructions to recovery flashing, below, not visible in the screenshot, devices on A12, and there they give fastboot instructions.

This made me doubt, and I want to solve any doubt.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-01-12-09-14-00-652_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-01-12-09-14-00-652_com.android.chrome.jpg
    473.6 KB · Views: 171
No need to keep old ROM. Not a good idea to downgrade and stock may stop you with anti rollback anyway.
Don't worry about twrp, there is no A12 twrp yet for this phone. So unless you are stating A11, leave it for now.
All A12 downloads are using fastboot versions, so just download the ROM, extract it on your pc, connect your phone in fastboot mode and double click the update ROM bat file to update. Just leave connected until it reboots as some parts of the update take ages and it looks like it stalls, it hasn't, just wait.

Reactions: Gralfitox
well, thaks again.

when you say A12 you mean my phone runs Android 12, isn´t it? just to be clear.

seems easy, just waiting new device to come :emoji_blush:

one mopre question, so far, hehe.

after flashing new rom, will I receive new OTA updates from xiaomi.eu? if there will be any?

and I´m now realizing that, How do I know my PC is ready to connect tomy phone? do I have to install anything to proceed?

well, thaks again.

when you say A12 you mean my phone runs Android 12, isn´t it? just to be clear.

seems easy, just waiting new device to come :emoji_blush:

one mopre question, so far, hehe.

after flashing new rom, will I receive new OTA updates from xiaomi.eu? if there will be any?

and I´m now realizing that, How do I know my PC is ready to connect tomy phone? do I have to install anything to proceed?
look here

thanks again, impressive howto.

I have read in another places that the *.bat file must be run with admin privileges, even though this isn´t mentioned here, so, what do you think?

thanks again, impressive howto.

I have read in another places that the *.bat file must be run with admin privileges, even though this isn´t mentioned here, so, what do you think?
I have not tested it without admin privileges :) test it and report it. In worst case the script will not run