Miui 13 how to disable channels and popular in mi browser start page

ouais

Members
May 18, 2016
Hi , finnaly got miui 13 on my rn10 pro (sweet) with twrp,
Thx to devs
The only thing IS the channels on the mi browser start page, ans thé popular icons.
IS there a way to disable it ( youtube...), I would like on the start page only my favorites, like on miui 12.

Reactions: Valentinus_mimimi
It has nothing to do with MIUI 12/13, it's just a new version of Mi Browser. I'm not aware of any way to disable stuff on the start page.

Reactions: katerpanne
I unhid the "Content feed" switch in Browser's settings for next release.
It was hardcoded to be hidden by the developers for whatever reason...
Code:
.method public static isHideFeedSwitch()Z
    .locals 1

const/4 v0, 0x1

return v0
.end method

I unhid the "Content feed" switch in Browser's settings for next release.
It was hardcoded to be hidden by the developers for whatever reason...
Code:
.method public static isHideFeedSwitch()Z
    .locals 1

const/4 v0, 0x1

return v0
.end method
next release of browser or release of ROM?

next release of browser or release of ROM?
Is that a serious question? Of course the ROM, we have no influence over what happens in the next version of the Mi Browser...

In any case, apparently it's not that easy and overriding the hardcoded check isn't solving the problem because the content feed reappears after restarting the app despite being still disabled. Maybe that's why the switch was disabled by the developers. We'll have to wait for an official update. Since it's a Play Store app, you might wanna let the developers know about this in the Play Store ratings for the app...

EDIT: Managed to dirty-patch it, so the content feed is disabled by default and can be manually enabled by the user. You can't disable the "Popular" icons though, that's baked in.

Last edited:
Reactions: JiaiJ and gogocar62
It's sad, since firmware updates are no longer released on my device (Mi10LiteZoom), in July there was the last one, with this damn browser update.

I have already left a negative review and one star on the Play store, but even if the xiaomi developers listen to the feedback and fix this problem in new versions, the my phone does not allow me to update the system application from the Play store. :(

IS it possible to uninstall mi browser and then install an older version ?
I'm magisk rooted
I can delete browser by AlphaBackup app.
But cannot install it again, older version by apk-file (from 4pda.to) or newer version from PlayMarket :(

Last edited:
Afaik customiuizer lsposed module (and its forks) allow downgrading apps, while many features won't work properly on newer android/miui versions, this one should. Enable it, install older apk version normally, wipe app data. May or may not work. Removing all of it's "updates" should revert the app to original state.

Afaik customiuizer lsposed module (and its forks) allow downgrading apps, while many features won't work properly on newer android/miui versions, this one should. Enable it, install older apk version normally, wipe app data. May or may not work. Removing all of it's "updates" should revert the app to original state.
One point to mention is that our version of Mi Browser is customized with patches (like ads force-disabled) and custom translations, so it's not the same as what you see on Play Store.