MIUI 14.0.1 blocking connections to 360 camera on Matterport app

Falmer5

Members
Jul 4, 2022
Hi,

Apologies if I am posting in the wrong forum!

Have any of you connected their Xiaomi phone to an insta360 camera via Matterport?

It seems something in the system is not allowing the connection to happen. I can connect and use the camera without a problem from the Insta360 app, but not from Matterport. Nothing happens when I connect to the camera's wifi network (instead the Matterport app should show the camera is connected). The process works well on other phones that do not run MIUI.

Phone: Mi 10 Ultra

Latest MIUI OS 14.0.1

Latest camera firmware 2.0.8

Latest Matterport app as well as the Beta version.

I tried clearing the cache and user data on the app, but it did nothing.

So far tech support has given very broad suggestions that lead nowhere.

Here is a video of the problem: https://photos.app.goo.gl/UfThJQy9zcyk93y8A

Hi,

Apologies if I am posting in the wrong forum!

Have any of you connected their Xiaomi phone to an insta360 camera via Matterport?

It seems something in the system is not allowing the connection to happen. I can connect and use the camera without a problem from the Insta360 app, but not from Matterport. Nothing happens when I connect to the camera's wifi network (instead the Matterport app should show the camera is connected). The process works well on other phones that do not run MIUI.

Phone: Mi 10 Ultra

Latest MIUI OS 14.0.1

Latest camera firmware 2.0.8

Latest Matterport app as well as the Beta version.

I tried clearing the cache and user data on the app, but it did nothing.

So far tech support has given very broad suggestions that lead nowhere.

Here is a video of the problem: https://photos.app.goo.gl/UfThJQy9zcyk93y8A
Force Stop
Clear data
Uninstall
Reboot

Install app again
Setup and try

Don't be connected to the camera before using the app Matter..
Also check your permissions for the app and select Precise Location.

--
Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra (star)

Force Stop
Clear data
Uninstall
Reboot

Install app again
Setup and try

Don't be connected to the camera before using the app Matter..
Also check your permissions for the app and select Precise Location.

--
I've done all of this, as well as trying the beta version of the app. It unfortunately did not change the issue.
I have, however, been getting messages on my screen stating that "approximate location is on" since I upgraded the system. See the screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-05-03-01-16-04-350_com.google.android.apps.maps-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-03-01-16-04-350_com.google.android.apps.maps-edit.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 83
I've done all of this, as well as trying the beta version of the app. It unfortunately did not change the issue.
I have, however, been getting messages on my screen stating that "approximate location is on" since I upgraded the system. See the screenshot.
Hi, I'm having the same problem. Have you already solved the problem? Thanks.

Hi, I'm having the same problem. Have you already solved the problem? Thanks.
Unfortunately no, I'm still waiting for matterport support to work this out. What steps have you taken yet? Maybe we can pool knowledge.

The notification is normal.
Whenever an app requests for Location, the location setting is displayed.

You can change the location setting by app when you see the notification.

So for the app you use, if that location notification appears. Change it to Precise Location.
(for your app, not Google Maps)

--

So for the app you use, if that location notification appears. Change it to Precise Location.

--
Thank you for clarifying that. I've tried both precise and approximate location but it unfortunately doesn't change anything with the main issue.
Do you by any chance know of a way to force all apps to use precise location all the time? I'd love to get rid of this function.

Unfortunately no, I'm still waiting for matterport support to work this out. What steps have you taken yet? Maybe we can pool knowledge.
Hello, I agree with sharing knowledge. I already did a factory reset. And installed only Insta360 and Matterport software. I enabled all permissions for both programs. I did a test with Bluetooth disabled, because some say that sometimes it confuses the matterport. It solves nothing.

--
Thank you for the clarification. I guess my instal must have an issue as the notification comes back regularly on the same app, even after changing the notification to precise location. I will keep an eye on this.

Hello, I agree with sharing knowledge. I already did a factory reset. And installed only Insta360 and Matterport software. I enabled all permissions for both programs. I did a test with Bluetooth disabled, because some say that sometimes it confuses the matterport. It solves nothing.
There seems to be something within MIUI preventing the connection. I have asked Matterport support for their requirements to connect and operate but so far now answer.

Reactions: ramcrash
Matterport contacted me today to tell me they are essentially giving up on my problem, and I should get another device to record my tours...