Uninstalled wallet reinstalled
Removed credit card reinstalled credit card

How can i fix this?

Reactions: Casperboo
Fixed

Thank you to the person who contacted me in Spanish

I did the following:
Ran the NFC recovery and rebooted.
Removed the dual apps feature in settings and rebooted.
Switched to HCE wallet.

Thanks again

Reactions: Mi2022
Do a search for NFC in settings. You are looking for Restore NFC Functionality

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-02-03-18-35-18-613_com.android.settings-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-02-03-18-35-18-613_com.android.settings-edit.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 2,206
Reactions: razz0s
It Look like it is the same problem described here:

I think nfc is working, but google pay not. Do you use dual Apps? Tried to read out a Credit or ID card using nfc?

It Look like it is the same problem described here:

I think nfc is working, but google pay not. Do you use dual Apps? Tried to read out a Credit or ID card using nfc?
No, I don't use Dual Apps. The NFC sensor seems to work because I hear the machine bip when I get it close to it. The message I get is that the payment method is not supported or similar messages.

I was abre to resolve. Just go to the cache and data into Google Pay, click to clear all data. After that, it is working for me.

This does not solve the problem for me. Still have to open wallet when using gpay to work.
Did you cleared all data from App settings? Sorry that is in Portuguese. But you should go to the same screen.

Screenshot_2023-02-15-12-12-55-652_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

The check the option for cleaning all data here:

Screenshot_2023-02-15-12-12-46-407_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-02-15-19-11-46-039_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-02-15-19-11-46-039_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 1,568
Last edited by a moderator:
if anyone has resolved this please suggest. I have the same issue. Miui14 arrived on Xiaomi t12 a few days ago and after the update NFC has the same problem as described above. it makes a payment device beep but it does not accept payment and instead has some error like "payment not accepted" or "try another method"

I realy dont knows, what exactly is the reason but now it works finde. I changed from google pay as Standard to "except when another payment app is open". Then you can use it if wallet app is open at paymentprocess. Then I changed from sim to hce wallet in secure Element option and tried this. After having changed back as before it works finde still using dual Apps.

Based on the reports from various posts so far, it seems there are different requirements for different settings of MIUI. I'm sharing exactly what I did to get it working again but again, this may or may not work since every phone will have a distinct setting and we don't know where the problem is yet.
In my case, before the update to MIUI 14, I had:
- It is a unlocked POCO F3;
- Using the Google wallet/pay which was included in the ROM; I didn't install it from play store even though sometimes it asked me to.
- My phone was rooted.
- I didn't have Dual Apps enabled/installed.
- I had a second profile from Intune.
- I had three cards installed, two credit and one debt, all of them from US banks
- I always used ONLY stable versions of MIUI from xiaomi.eu.

After the update, I tried a couple things:
- The first thing I do after updating ROMS is always to root it again so rooting is probably not the issue (if done correctly).
- Removed and added all cards again (except for the debt card) - Didn't fix it.
- Tried the restore NFC functionality - Didn't fix it.
- I cleared the settings/cache from play services. - Didn't fix it.
- Removed the cards, did the restore NFC functionality with uninstalled cards and re-added the cards - Didn't fix it.
- Switched from SIM to HCE. Afterwards the cards started working again.

I don't know if the order I did the stuff had any effect in fixing the issue but the moment I swiched to HCE it started working again. I never factory reset the mobile after MIUI 14 nor reset/cleared cache of any apps besides play services. When not working, it showed a message saying the method was not supported.

Hope this can help someone.

Reactions: piknockyou
I tried Switching from SIM to HCE. did not help in my case. I have tried all the other steps separately tho, maybe thats the reason of it not working. i just started carrying the card around again, was an easier solution than debugging this, just going to wait for an update I guess with a fix. thanks guys for quick reply

same problem here! NFC not working at all!
This is so annoying! Several days and no fix from Xiaomi! +1

Hello all, after trying everything else: unistanal Google Wallet > Install again > Clear Cache nothing worked.
I made it work with the following. By default it was Google Play and I selected me bank below and now it works.

Hi. I'm the same problem. I updated to MIUI 14 on my POCO F3 and NFC doesn´t work anyway. I don´t try factory restore.

The update was in OTA.

Greetings from Colombia, and excuse me for my English.