miui 6 on my mi3

imortalitzik

Members
Mar 9, 2013
please share here latest 4.8.29 update. does miui v6 is stable enough to update to ? does it has all the features miui v5 had ? how's about your experience with it ? please share your thoughts.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk 2

V6 at the moment its quite buggy, no autorotation screen, missing a lot of camera functions, its also a lot of lag if you trying to work fast on your phone, and other things that for now miui V6 is nogo

Well, i'm quiet satisfied with MIUI6, on my device, can't find those bugs, to be honest, quiet nice MIUI6, at the moment.

What I really miss since I updated to 4.8.29 (direct download from Xiaomi) is access to the settings via the menu button. And not just access to the General Settings of the phone itself. I now have to search for the settings in every single app instead of simply using the menu-button.

Different issue: I have my Mi3 since March and I usually do no use it to play music. However, today I was in the mood to listen to a single song while taking a shower. So I had to activate the loop mode. I did find it (for anyone who is searching: just tap onto the cover. The loop function is activated by touching the icon in the middle). But now I cannot switch back to "just play that song and stop". I can choose between "Loop this song", "Loop the songs from my playlist" and "Shuffle the playlist".

What I really miss since I updated to 4.8.29 (direct download from Xiaomi) is access to the settings via the menu button. And not just access to the General Settings of the phone itself. I now have to search for the settings in every single app instead of simply using the menu-button.

Different issue: I have my Mi3 since March and I usually do no use it to play music. However, today I was in the mood to listen to a single song while taking a shower. So I had to activate the loop mode. I did find it (for anyone who is searching: just tap onto the cover. The loop function is activated by touching the icon in the middle). But now I cannot switch back to "just play that song and stop". I can choose between "Loop this song", "Loop the songs from my playlist" and "Shuffle the playlist".
do you mean menu button isn't functioning ?

do you mean menu button isn't functioning ?

No, this is not what I mean. It now has a different function. It shows the running apps. The overview you get when holding the home button on MIUI v5.

No, this is not what I mean. It now has a different function. It shows the running apps. The overview you get when holding the home button on MIUI v5.
i understand now, but maybe it can be controlled from setting menu regarding the function this button active.
say , the camera has slow motion feature ?

i understand now, but maybe it can be controlled from setting menu regarding the function this button active.
say , the camera has slow motion feature ?

I had hoped so too. But under General settings -> DEVICE: Buttons I can adjust LONG PRESS NAVIGATION BUTTONS, but not something like "normal press button action".
[UPDATE: And precisely that is what I needed to do: Long press the menu-button and then you get the settings]

About the camera: I cannot find an option inside the camera-app to record "Video". I neither find an option to make screenshots.
I guess, that I will just run CWM and restore the backup I created before updating the system.

Last edited:
Well, i'm quiet satisfied with MIUI6, on my device, can't find those bugs, to be honest, quiet nice MIUI6, at the moment.

I should agree. MIUI 6 for me runs smoother than MIUI5, and battery seems to stay longer. Besides that, i kinda like changes they made to the interface. So, MIUI6 is gogo.

The menu function still exit. Try to long press menu button for 3 second, app menu will appear.

Also, pinch in by 2 fingers on home screen to access widget, wallpapers change option. Pinch in by 3 fingers to change homescreen :D

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

The icon in the taskbar (usually a key) that appears if you are using a VPN connection is not shown

I had hoped so too. But under General settings -> DEVICE: Buttons I can adjust LONG PRESS NAVIGATION BUTTONS, but not something like "normal press button action".
[UPDATE: And precisely that is what I needed to do: Long press the menu-button and then you get the settings]

About the camera: I cannot find an option inside the camera-app to record "Video". I neither find an option to make screenshots.
I guess, that I will just run CWM and restore the backup I created before updating the system.
For Video recording just tap on red icon next to white shutter icon.
For screenshots use hardware key combination.

Reactions: se0067
"does it has all the features miui v5 had"

Funny thing is, sometimes I discover something 'new' on my mi3V6, only to find it already in my Mi2V5...
So I guess I didn't know my phones so thoroughly as I thought.

The new menu button assignments took some time to get used to... However, other than that... I hardly have any issues?
My camera works, no iso setting though. (and still lousy low light performance)
Thought it had widget issues, but placing them again was all the fix it needed.
Thought it missed some toggles, turned out you can scroll in the toggle view.
I love the new interface, phone is snappier. Overall, I'm really pleased.