MIUI 6 OTA Support?

Sere83

Members
Mar 20, 2012
So my mums miPad arrived yesterday. I tried to run the OTA update but it was ridiculously slow to download the rom so I gave up, the tablets wifi data connection seemed quite slow too and you tube playback was stuttering.

Anyway I Flashed the Xiaomi.eu 4.8.22 rom through recovery and its definitely more stable than the one it came with now and seemed to have cleared up most the issues. So many thanks for that...

My question is, with there being no updater app on mipad, when a xiaomi.eu rom for the upcoming MIUI 6 release is made available, will it be pushed via OTA? Or will I have to upgrade through recovery again? And if so will a full wipe be necessary?

Thanks

Last edited:
I agree on the download really poor server output, I never used the installed version updated soon as it arrived.

Settings system updates at bottom ? As for miui 6 not sure anyone has that info

Sent from my 16gb Mi Pad (it works)

I agree on the download really poor server output, I never used the installed version updated soon as it arrived.

Settings system updates at bottom ? As for miui 6 not sure anyone has that info

Yeah the thing is it's annoying not to have OTA, especially because the mipad has no updater app. So have to use recovery every time. I expect MIUI 6 will bring a fair few improvements so will be worth keeping up to date. The mipads hardware is very nice just the OS is quite limited at the moment and quite laggy, surprised they bought it to market in this state to be honest as the firmware is basically beta.

If you use the Roma from xiaomi.eu, ota won't work.

If you want ota, you need to flash the developer ROM from Xiaomi, install Google apps yourself.

MIUI 6 beta was released on 4.9.16 and it's 4.9.19 now. Many great improvements.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

en.miui.com/thread-29102-1-1.html I've just installed the rom onto system one via the pads recovery 2.0.1 very simple easy to do - I'll add info on my blog

What's the point of doing a beta for 2 days ... Anyway, I hope they will move fast ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
iphone 6 plus prix galaxy note 4

Last edited: