Miui 8 - 8.5.4.0 Is Out!

Installed it, what I noticed so far:
Updater app is crashing constantly.
Google voice search is added but cannot start from home button.
Some icons now have white background.

Last edited:
Oh, this is why I think is not anymore available. I downloaded it, but when wanted to check md5 sum it was already not on the list.

I uninstalled google search and updater app, besides them rom is stable. Devs, when bug free 8.5.4.0 will be available ?

I am waiting for that rom because Miui 9 just eats my battery too much...So I will stay on Xiaomi EU Miui 8 stable rom untill stable Miui 9 comes out..

I really hope for a release, to hopefully fix some problems with missing translation causing faults (e.g. entering Developer options)

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298983551

donate, donate, donate...
(it is the best way to thank, even just 2-3 EUR)
Was anybody able to install 8.5.4.0 EU stable ?
I tried to install over 7.5.11 and TWRP seems to be crazy (Device: natrium). Does not finish installation, even if I wait nearly 30 min. After reset (push and hold on/off) and reboot in TWRP again, log of TWRP shows "boot_DM-Verify: Found" in red letters.
After restoring 7.5.11 I have backed up before try to update to 8.5.4.0, all is ok.
I have no idea why installation of last stable rom fails.
Any hints / tips?

Was anybody able to install 8.5.4.0 EU stable ?
I tried to install over 7.5.11 and TWRP seems to be crazy (Device: natrium). Does not finish installation, even if I wait nearly 30 min. After reset (push and hold on/off) and reboot in TWRP again, log of TWRP shows "boot_DM-Verify: Found" in red letters.
After restoring 7.5.11 I have backed up before try to update to 8.5.4.0, all is ok.
I have no idea why installation of last stable rom fails.
Any hints / tips?

7.5.11 is a developer rom so you need to wipe when switching from developer to stable and vice versa

Reactions: Michael_K
Hi everyone, can I check if unlocking bootloader to install still allows you to use Android Pay with NFC payment? Do you have to relock your bootloader using fastboot oem lock or it is alright?

Also for *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* HDR+ port, must we root and enable camera2 in build.prop, or is it already enabled in xiaomi.eu rom? Thank you!

7.5.11 is a developer rom so you need to wipe when switching from developer to stable and vice versa
Thank you, but I did full wipe (dalvik, cache and data) before.... There must be an other reason why twrp does not install 8.5.4.0....

same..

mi login out
google login out.

twrp format → reboot → twrp format → install

ok..
TWRP *format*??
Format data means all data in internal memory are lost (especially my ~50gb of TWRP backups).
If format data is really necessary because wipe data is not enough, I will stay on 7.5.11.
Thank you anyway for hint!

Thank you, but I did full wipe (dalvik, cache and data) before.... There must be an other reason why twrp does not install 8.5.4.0....

Prob need to wipe System as well.
If that fails maybe download 8.5.4 again in case it's a corrupt download (happened to me before a few times)

Reactions: Michael_K
Prob need to wipe System as well.
If that fails maybe download 8.5.4 again in case it's a corrupt download (happened to me before a few times)
Yesterday I wiped system and made new installation of 7.5.11. All was ok. And then next try with 8.5.4.0 but always no success. I have spent so much time in this, only for have a look how the last stable Miui8 EU rom works. It was too much time - I will stop this.
I have full backups of 2 running roms: 7.5.11 (miui8 / Android 6) and 7.9.4 (miui 9 / Android 7). Lets close that chapter with 8.5.4.0 and look forward to next miui9 roms.. ;)
But thanks again for supporting me in solving my "special" problem !

Just upgraded to 8.5.4.0 from 8.5.3.0
I've noticed that enabling Settings->Personal hotspot->Portable hotspot is causing Settings to crash.
Anyone else?

Just upgraded to 8.5.4.0 from 8.5.3.0
I've noticed that enabling Settings->Personal hotspot->Portable hotspot is causing Settings to crash.
Anyone else?

Hi, I also upgraded from/to the same version and tried the same and it works for me, no crash.
Try clearing dalvik/cache?