Miui 8 Battery Life

xuip26

Members
Jun 12, 2016
Hi All,

I am on miui 7 stable 7.5.6.0 and so far is the best rom for me especially with battery life. I want to upgrade to miui 8 but I'm worried about the battery life. How's the Miui 8 battery life for you? Thanks

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

for now stick to miui 7 !!!

i tried miui 8 but battery was draining fast and is still in develop so lots of issues.. wait till stable release- my advice..

Reactions: xuip26
Battery & performance -> Manage apss battery usage -> Power saving mode -> OFF - seams to help in my case, it give little bit longer battery life on last MIUI8 6.7.11.

I think it`s not possible to solve the battery issues on the miui 8! I've never seen before a higher battery drain like in miui 8. Better to stay with miui 7.5

I have no battery drain issues.

Dude, check if "MIUI will restrict background activites" is checked. If not, check it and restart.

Battery & performance -> Manage apss battery usage -> Power saving mode -> OFF - seams to help in my case, it give little bit longer battery life on last MIUI8 6.7.11.

click the "on" mulitple times and you will get the "ultimate" mode... try that

Reactions: helmz83
Hi,
I have the same behaviour for version 7 compared to 8. I am using the first stable at the moment, let´s wait for newer versions. The version 7.5 was not cooked in one day, too. Anyway, great work and passion of the xiaomi.eu Team!

I got fast draining problem too..I never got a stop on fast discharging even if I leave the phone alone and I don't touch nothing with all apps closed.
I am on miui8
I did a lot of try.. Formatting, cleaning cache, dalvik, etc.. No luck.
So, for me this is one of the really weaken point of this phone/rom. I think the trending think I almost near perfection..
But I don't really know why..

if possible, maybe you can try turning OFF SYNC and just test it out if its really the miui version or the sync settings of your accounts (google, mi, etc) cheers!

if possible, maybe you can try turning OFF SYNC and just test it out if its really the miui version or the sync settings of your accounts (google, mi, etc) cheers!

I flashed new weekly and set the Sync off of mi account.. drain problem gone.
So, or Sync mi account or rom .. i Will test the Sync.. i Will let you know

I have battery drain with 6.8.25 with both Android System and Android Operating System.

Hey! I disabled Mi Sync Photos/Videos and my battery lasts much longer. It was syncing all day and never ending. I have google Photos doing my backups. Much better now!

Guys i've been using the last weekly rom for Mi5. But i'be been experiencing batery drain. What is the most stable and with best battery ROM? I dont mind downgrading to MIUI7

Some say MIUI8 6.9.15 is very good for battery and stability. Some say MIUI7 is better, like 7.5.6.0. I'm using Stable 8.1.1.0 and can't complain.

MIUI 8.1.1.0

Screenshot_2016-11-09-04-00-07-844_com.gsamlabs.bbm.png Screenshot_2016-11-09-04-01-43-836_com.gsamlabs.bbm.png

Good enough for me, I bet at least a day and 4 hours SOT is achievable. And yes, I'm a facebook addict :p

Reactions: Jaime DLH
Hi folks,
I have battery problems on my mi5/64 w/ miui 8 roms too.

I want to try with gemini eu v7.5.6.0 rom.
Could anyone of you lead me its download link please..

With 8.1.3.0 Stable, I'm getting over 4 hours SOT, with moderate to heavy use (no gaming, though). Very good (I'm coming from a Nexus 5, in which getting 2 hours SOT was cause for celebration XD)

With 8.1.3.0 Stable, I'm getting over 4 hours SOT, with moderate to heavy use (no gaming, though). Very good (I'm coming from a Nexus 5, in which getting 2 hours SOT was cause for celebration XD)
I think I'm going to change my weekly for the stable then :) thank you.
Can I do it the same way as the weekly ROM. Transfer zip, wipe dalvik and cache before and after?

I think I'm going to change my weekly for the stable then :) thank you.
Can I do it the same way as the weekly ROM. Transfer zip, wipe dalvik and cache before and after?
No, I understand that to switch from weekly to stable, you have to wipe data as well...