Miui 9 Battery Drain

rick777

Members
Mar 25, 2017
Hello you have some suggestion for reduce battery drain? I'm on only 2hrs SoT instead 3,5-4 ad before.

Hello you have some suggestion for reduce battery drain? I'm on only 2hrs SoT instead 3,5-4 ad before.
As for me using xiaomi.eu weekly rom, I can say that the best way is to use Miui optimization on debugger options and also reduce if possible using root and kernel toolkit the CPU governor as conservative instead of interactive. If you wanna really good battery performance use the stable version of xiaomi.eu also, on my Mi5 I had almost two full days using the device intensely.

Enviado do meu MI 5 através de Tapatalk

Reactions: virtualenix
As for me using xiaomi.eu weekly rom, I can say that the best way is to use Miui optimization on debugger options and also reduce if possible using root and kernel toolkit the CPU governor as conservative instead of interactive. If you wanna really good battery performance use the stable version of xiaomi.eu also, on my Mi5 I had almost two full days using the device intensely.

Two full day.....for me it's a dream. I use Xiaomi MI5 and rom miui.it v7.9.14 and I have approximately 16/18h of intense use. No miracle with v9

Inviato dal mio MI 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Which kernel are you using? Can you post some screenshots please?

Sure here goes.
BTW this two last updates have been consuming battery than usual but acceptable

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-28-09-08-25-103_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-28-09-08-25-103_com.android.settings.png
    144.2 KB · Views: 1,165
I'm on latest xiaomi.eu 7.9.21 MIUI9 and I get pretty good 7h screen-on time, and this is involving gaming and watching a movie amongst other things.
Screenshot_2017-09-29-15-13-37-874_com.miui.securitycenter.png

Installa la ROM xiaomi.eu, è molto più leggera e ottimizzata rispetto alla miui.it
Proverò. Mi spiace un poco abbandonare la ita ma se ne vale la pena e soprattutto se ne risente la durata della batteria, benvenga.

I'm on latest xiaomi.eu 7.9.21 MIUI9 and I get pretty good 7h screen-on time, and this is involving gaming and watching a movie amongst other things.
View attachment 16962
with which ROM?
Im just tired of updating/changing ROM and only getting 2h/2h30 SOT without playing ou watching movies/series. JUst data, wifi and bluetooth on (GPS off). I'm on the latest xiaomi.eu weekly rom.

Well it says "xiaomi.eu 7.9.21 MIUI9".

That's a really ****** SOT, maybe it's because you've had your phone for some time. I've bought mine in April of this year, so the battery is still in good condition.

P.S. I could no longer stand some bugs and missing features that I've been reporting constantly (since the days of MIUI 8), so 2 days ago I finally switched to Resurrection Remix, which is beyond awesome when it comes to customizability, and I get even better SOT. Yesterday it was almost 9 hours (around 8h 40m, I plugged it in at 5%), but to be honest it was mostly twiddling with software and setting it up, tho I did play a game 20 minutes and restarted the phone around 5 times.

Last edited:
Well it says "xiaomi.eu 7.9.21 MIUI9".

That's a really ****** SOT, maybe it's because you've had your phone for some time. I've bought mine in April of this year, so the battery is still in good condition.

P.S. I could no longer stand some bugs and missing features that I've been reporting constantly (since the days of MIUI 8), so 2 days ago I finally switched to Resurrection Remix, which is beyond awesome when it comes to customizability, and I get even better SOT. Yesterday it was almost 9 hours (around 8h 40m, I plugged it in at 5%), but to be honest it was mostly twiddling with software and setting it up, but I did play a game 20 minutes and restarted the phone around 5 times tho.

but you have to "sacrifice" the quality of the camera app

but you have to "sacrifice" the quality of the camera app
Funny you say that, because camera was the main reason I stayed with MIUI for this long, and the reason I switched 2 days ago is because I found that someone ported Mi A1's Camera app for AOSP, so I installed it on my Mi5 and it works great. The only thing that's (still) not working is Beautify, but everything else works fine. You can take pictures with 32s exposure time, which I needed, but was absent from Lineage's Camera app.

So yeah.. it's a MIUI Camera app on AOSP/Lineage/RR, which is exactly what I wanted.

http://en.miui.com/thread-860484-1-1.html
https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-5/themes/app-collection-camera-modded-t3591177
https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-5/themes/app-miui-camera-mi5-t3602830

These threads should help.

Last edited:
Reactions: rick777
Funny you say that, because camera was the main reason I stayed with MIUI for this long, and the reason I switched 2 days ago is because I found that someone ported Mi A1's Camera app for AOSP, so I installed it on my Mi5 and it works great. The only thing that's (still) not working is Beautify, but everything else works fine. You can take pictures with 32s exposure time, which I needed, but was absent from Lineage's Camera app.

So yeah.. it's a MIUI Camera app on AOSP/Lineage/RR, which is exactly what I wanted.

http://en.miui.com/thread-860484-1-1.html
https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-5/themes/app-collection-camera-modded-t3591177
https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-5/themes/app-miui-camera-mi5-t3602830

These threads should help.

Wow that's great! Which version of RR and which kernel? Could you post your battery drain with SoT time?
Time ago I tried RR but when I went to TWRP then he asked me the same password (pin in my case) that I used to unlock the phone to access TWRP, is that normal?

Wow that's great! Which version of RR and which kernel? Could you post your battery drain with SoT time?

I still haven't flashed some custom kernel, I use the stock one. So far it's doing a pretty decent job, I only charged phone 2 times since I installed it, the first time it made more than 8.5h SOT, and today it got 7.5h.
Screenshot_20171016-163808.jpgScreenshot_20171016-163842.png Screenshot_20171016-163853.png Screenshot_20171016-163900.png Screenshot_20171016-164419.png Screenshot_20171016-164428.png

Time ago I tried RR but when I went to TWRP then he asked me the same password (pin in my case) that I used to unlock the phone to access TWRP, is that normal?

Yeah I know that issue, I had the same problem with Lineage. Not sure what really fixed it for me, whether it was the update from Lineage, but what I did and worked for me was NOT to create patterns, passwords, PINs, fingerprint on initial setup, but later in settings.

Last edited:
Reactions: rick777
I have MI5 and v.7.10.19 miui.it and, after this update the battery have more life, approx 2h more than before.