Miui 9 Stable On Note 4x Sd

sith_lord

Members
Nov 25, 2017
Hello,

I am a new guy here, but I've been following the forums for quite a while now.

I was waiting for the MIUI 9 stable release for RN 4X SD and a couple of days ago I've noticed it came out, however every time I googled or looked up on the forum, I couldn't find much information regarding this release - is there a specific reason why there are not so many fanfares announcing a new MIUI EU version for a coveted RN4X? Did the community get sleepy, lazy or I am missing something? Or everybody just knows everything and there isn't much to be said other than what's written on miui.com?

On the other hand, I would really appreciate if someone could answer me these questions as well:
1.) Is it possible to update to MIUI9 (from MIUI8) via TWRP without losing the data (apps, contacts, pics and such)? (Yes, I know, have a backup at hand at any time, but anyway)
2.) I am sure I read somewhere that it will be possible, but I want to confirm - once on MIUI 9 EU, will it be possible to update further MIUI EU versions via Updater app or one has to go all over again via TWRP?
3.) Are there any known issues in MIUI 9 on RN4X (or in general) that might be considered a deal breaker and a reason to stay on MIUI 8 until things get "stable"?

Thank you in advance!

Hello,

I am a new guy here, but I've been following the forums for quite a while now.

I was waiting for the MIUI 9 stable release for RN 4X SD and a couple of days ago I've noticed it came out, however every time I googled or looked up on the forum, I couldn't find much information regarding this release - is there a specific reason why there are not so many fanfares announcing a new MIUI EU version for a coveted RN4X? Did the community get sleepy, lazy or I am missing something? Or everybody just knows everything and there isn't much to be said other than what's written on miui.com?

On the other hand, I would really appreciate if someone could answer me these questions as well:
1.) Is it possible to update to MIUI9 (from MIUI8) via TWRP without losing the data (apps, contacts, pics and such)? (Yes, I know, have a backup at hand at any time, but anyway)
2.) I am sure I read somewhere that it will be possible, but I want to confirm - once on MIUI 9 EU, will it be possible to update further MIUI EU versions via Updater app or one has to go all over again via TWRP?
3.) Are there any known issues in MIUI 9 on RN4X (or in general) that might be considered a deal breaker and a reason to stay on MIUI 8 until things get "stable"?

Thank you in advance!
If you are running Xiaomi.eu MIUI 8 stable version and you have unlocked your bootloader officially you can update the MIUI 9 stable version from the updater app "choose update package". MIUI 9 also has OTA updates now so you will get notified when a new update is available and it is done through updater app (download and install).

And you answered partly for your last question is it stable enough??? Make a nandroid backup of your device and if there is a major bug that is affecting your life, then revert back. I don't know any major bugs which would be so bad that would make me to revert back to MIUI 8.
Pretty much there is none that I can tell. :)

Good question, I myself am looking for a list of present bugs... are the notifications bugs present on the current stable version NCFCNEI'?