Resolved MIUI blocks you from downloading files >20MB

we will add more file size limits... max 1GB should be fine... :)
In my Mi4i, I could not download any file without wifi, not even 1 kb files, so I changed the settings to "unlimited" in "Downloads", still I'm not able to download anything without wifi.

In the latest MIUI 3.8.23 (and perhaps also the previous version, I have not checked) there is a big problem with the data usage restriction. Basically, I am unable to download large files from Google Play unless I am on Wifi. I have unlimited 4G data, and Wifi is seldom relevant for me. The same limitation is in the browser (Chrome or MIUI), but there you at least have the possibility to go in to the Downloads app and press "resume" as the file is queued waiting for Wifi.

I know this is a "classic" problem that have annoyed thousands of MIUI users that do not want any data restriction or prompts that ask you about it, but things seems to have changed in this version.

Previously, this could be toggled in the MIUI "Downloads" app. However, in the latest version, if you go in to Settings in the Downloads app, there is only one option: Data usage prompt->File size limit. The largest option here is 20MB (see screenshot). This means that whenever I try to download something from Google Play that is >20MB, I cannot do it unless I am on Wifi. There is no option that is "unlimited".

In addition to this comes the "classic" annoyuance that Google Play always says that this is a big file, and you have to tick off "Download using Wi-fi only" before you can continue. Even if you do that, however, the 20MB limit I am talking about here will still stop you.

Anyone has any clues for how to solve this?
In my Mi4i, I could not download any file without wifi, not even 1 kb files, so I changed the settings to "unlimited" in "Downloads", still I'm not able to download anything without wifi.

HELP, HELP, HELP....

With the Rom: xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMAXPro_6.6.16_v8-6.0 and later

Download the app MIUI crashes when I select the Settings section, and then I can not accomplish the change of the download limit.

Did you have the same problem?
If so, how have you solved?

Greetings to all, Alex.

i've got the same problem on xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMix_6.12.1_v8-6.0.zip

Download app doesn't have an unlimited option.