MIUI File Explorer

Khanh1289

Members
Nov 7, 2010
have any of you guys play with it much? I FREAKING LOVE THIS!! awesome UI and the best thing about it is wireless file managing. NO USB needed, and it's super quick, beats Safely remove disk then having to change to charge only..

I totally agree but how do you add files I couldn't drag and drop ?

Sent from my SexyNexy using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Same issue here. I can login as guest, but files are read only. Do I need to set a login? If so, how?

Sent from my PC36100 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

use any FTP client and connect to the phone, works kinda like wireless adb except for the sd card. If they make this with root access... adb will be next to useless :)

whats an ftp client? i typed the address into google chrome and it brought up everything on my sd card which was pretty awesome. it allowed me to drag thing off of the sd card onto the computer, but can i put things on the sd card this way? when i tried to drag some music, it just started playing the music via the window :/

edit: i lied.. i can't drag things off of the sd card, and when i click on things on the sd card from the computer it brings up another window saying this webpage is not found

google Filezilla and download the client, after that just put in your ftp address and port number up top then click quick connect. You can download and upload files wirelessly :)

Yes its awsome but everytime I go to sdcard it fc's did i miss a fix for the latest relese?

It does FC when accessing files and large directories, probably only on certain phones. The Evo one force closes because when it worked, it broke the media scanner for some reason, and the Evo devs decided that it would be better to break the file explorer and keep the working music player, gallery, and ringtones. That may also be the case for other phones' builds as well.

I'm using n1 and it's running pretty smooth it doesn't take long for me neither accessing files

Just mount your phone as a network disk in windows or MAC. Pretty simple. Google it.

google Filezilla and download the client, after that just put in your ftp address and port number up top then click quick connect. You can download and upload files wirelessly :)

wow thanks for this info...it just made me like Miui even more :)

I have to say that unfortunately, I am not quite liking the iPhone like UI of MIUI, but there are some awesome custom apps in this ROM, including the File Manager.

Is there anyway to use that File Manager application on other ROMs? I notice it does not install using the apk provided within the MIUI Rom, does that mean that it requires some information that's not present within the app?

I've already adopted the Music app, but I want MORE!

Try using filezilla with MIUI file explorer guys.. Using both together rocks! Filezilla allows resume of transfer from your last file when phone gets disconnected from the network.

For example, i'm backing up everything on my SD card which is total 3.3gb it would take several hours to transfer everything. If using USB or normal drag and drop with browser, everytime i need to go out of the house for awhile i need to stop transfer and start all over again.

With filezilla i just stop the service from MIUI file explorer, filezilla will try to reconnect to my phone but i just leave it.. Go out of the house for awhile come back home connect phone to wifi, start the MIUI file explorer PC sync and Filezilla will continue the transfer... Some files might fail when u disconnect from wifi while transfering, but Filezilla shows u which files failed and u can reupload them.

You can also use it to do incremental backup of your whole SD card, Filezilla allows overwrite of newer files base on timestamp.. There are alot of other features too.. Try it, it's opensource..

http://filezilla-project.org/