MIUI+ for non-supported devices

Titinium

Members
Oct 25, 2020
I would like to know if there is or will be a mod, or maybe even in Xiaomi.eu ROM, to enable MIUI+ on non-supported devices like the Mi 9T. I understand this isn't available yet, but I hope someday it wil be available. Like the super wallpapers, these were only for specific devices but are available in xiaomi.eu for every device.
Thanks in advance for the help!

Reactions: iSayE
I doubt, there's limitation not only within the app, but framework as well.

What do you mean with Alpha?
imagine that the weekly rom that we use from xiaomi.eu is a beta, the beta is something with bugs but already close to being stable and close to launch, Alpha, it's like it was before the beta, with many bugs, incomplete , Lacking functions far from its stable release

imagine that the weekly rom that we use from xiaomi.eu is a beta, the beta is something with bugs but already close to being stable and close to launch, Alpha, it's like it was before the beta, with many bugs, incomplete , Lacking functions far from its stable release
Yeah, that I know. But I can't imagine that more devices would be supported in the alpha phase.

and do you guys know a way to a the desktop app in english ?
Installing an app in chinease is really .... strange ....

MIUI + runs on my MI9 (with MIUI 12.5 and Android 11 from beta EU Rom from2020.12 28) but what actually is not working is the screen transfer to my PC.
Does anybody have an idea how to set it up?

MIUI + runs on my MI9 (with MIUI 12.5 and Android 11 from beta EU Rom from2020.12 28) but what actually is not working is the screen transfer to my PC.
View attachment 33752
how u even got this running, i was able to sign in but thats all - how do u connect, via bluetooth or wifi?

"how do u connect, via bluetooth or wifi? " Answer: both!

1st download the app for your PC from: https://pc.mi.com/aiot
2nd install an start the app on your PC
3rd go to settings/connect&share/MIUI+ Beta on your phone
4th generate scan icon on your PC by clicking on the second right item lower right corner
5th scan the icon with your phone and follow the instructions of your phone

Last edited:
View attachment 33752

The same problem, i think that eu rom delete some framework or change something, but finally i found a soulution.
Download magisk module name 0.58.zip from here and flash it in magisk.

The module is in chinese,i made some translation.
1.png

2.png

The sixth choice means it will restore mi roaming app and his framework and i found that the framework is the same one that miui+ need for work.

After done it, miui+ will works perfectly.

By the way, you need to update to the latest graphics driver and let miui+ run on integrated graphics, for discrete graphics users, if you are NVIDIA discrete graphics user, try go nvidia control Panel ——Manage 3D settings——Program setting——Add miscreenshare.exe and set use it in integrated graphics. For others wait MIUI+ team fix it...

Last edited:
Reactions: Sage222
Here's how to actually use MIUI+ on supported devices on xiaomi.eu ROM

MIUI+ allows you to control your smartphone from your Windows PC, seeing it's screen and using Keyboard & Mouse. It also syncs several things like Photos, Calendar and Messages.

MIUI+ only works for a limited set of devices. If your device is supported, but you use xiaomi.eu ROM, some libaries are missing from the ROM and screen sharing won't work.

There's a chinese developer, who made a Magisk module, that adds back many of the removed features/apps/libraries to xiaomi.eu.

Dev's website: https://blog.minamigo.moe/

His magisk module: https://blog.minamigo.moe/archives/184

Download links to the latest module ZIP: here (the apk is only useful if you have lsposed)

His module supports restoring several Mainland China features to the xiaomi.eu ROM, which is mainly interesting for Chinese users who want to use the xiaomi.eu ROM, but also for everyone who wants to get MIUI+ working.

During installation in Magisk, the command line will ask which functions you want to restore, and you can choose each of them by pressing Volume - for NO and Volume + for yes:
  • Little Milan Pavilion Pro Font
  • MiPush (connect to a server in mainland China)
  • AI call
  • Life Yellow Pages (caller ID identification)
  • SMS (verification code, promotion SMS classification)
  • Calendar (lunar calendar, holiday schedule details, import SMS events, etc.)
  • Mi Wallet (bus card, door card, UnionPay card)
  • app Store
  • Fast application
  • Global Internet (one-dollar traffic)
  • Full screen keyboard (Sogou input method)
  • Portal
  • Voice wake-up of Xiao Ai and Xiao Ai (unstable! Only the wake-up words can be customized, and Xiao Ai needs to be restored)
  • Intelligent assistant (negative one screen)
  • Weather (positioning, Caiyun weather)
  • Permission management (the mainland version has stricter permission management)
  • Theme store (fonts and ringtones cut back to mainland China)
  • Browser
  • Mainland version setting interface (Google service switch), game toolbox, video toolbox, download management (Xunlei acceleration), MIUI+ repair (need to support the model itself), dial interface

Guide

Use the Google Translate and take screenshots of the menu in magisk and also for the windows MIUI+ installation, if you have problems.

1. Copy the magisk module zip file to your phone, open Magisk manager, select the last tab below (modules), then tap the "Install from storage" button and select the copied magisk module zip file.
    1. A chinese menu will ask you to press the volume + button. Do it
    2. Then press the volume - button
    3. The console will ask step by step which functionality to restore. For each one press volume - (no) until the one saying: 是否恢复全球上网(一元流量)?音量+:是,音量:否。请根据音量键进行选
      (Will the global Internet connection be restored (one-dollar traffic)? Volume+: Yes, Volume: No. Please select according to the volume keys)
      For this one press Volume + YES
    4. Press again volume - (no) for all further questions, until the following menu item appears: 是否恢复大陆版设置界面(谷歌服务开关),游戏视频工具箱下载管理的迅雷加速修复MIUI +,拨号界面(营业厅)?提示:下载管理有广告!MIUI +需机型本身支持。音量+:是,音量:否。请根据音量键进行选择:您选择了是
      (Do you want to restore the mainland version of the settings interface (Google service switch), the Xunlei accelerated repair of the game video toolbox download management MIUI+, and the dial interface (business hall)? Tip: There are advertisements for download management! MIUI+ needs the support of the model itself. Volume+: Yes, Volume: No. Please choose according to the volume keys
      For this one press Volume + YES
    5. A warning appears, telling you that you need xposed etc. to fix some app permission issues. Agree by pressing Volume + again
    6. Reboot
  2. Install miui+ on windows from https://plus.miui.com/
  3. Connect your phone via USB to your PC
  4. On your phone open Settings > Connection & Sharing > MIUI+ Beta and click the Scanner button
  5. On your PC, open MIUI+, a QR Code should be visible
  6. Scan the QR Code with your phone and allow the connection on your phone

Last edited:
I assume that you have to be rooted to install magisk module. keep in mind that not all who has xiaomi.eu rom installed is rooted. Please edit the instructions if it requires root or not.