Miui ROM eating up all my RAM!

ptx

Members
Dec 3, 2012
Hey guys, I just downloaded "Smart Ram Booster" to see why I have 1GB of Ram and since installing MIUI I only have like 200MB free, and well... "Android System" takes A LOT and MiuiHome takes another fare share of Ram and somehow I have less than 200MB of available RAM at my disposal.

I mean Miui works well the memory button is always red and running heavy graphic games need more than 200MB of ram!

Please help, I really like this ROM but I can't have it eating up my RAM.

Well, this has been adressed several times... RAM is not so much an issue on a linux based OS than for example windows.. It uses RAM to to load apps and processes so they can be accessed instantly. Whenever there is a need for RAM it kills processes with the lowest priorty first, thus clearing RAM for your game or whatever.

But hey, if you want to have a little more ram, so you can breathe better, check your autostart settings using 'Manage app' in Miui. Uncheck every app that you don't need on startup, this will save some ram. Also, you can enable kill app by long pressing the back key. So if you exit an app and don't need it it kills the entire process, and clears up ram. You will notice that the apps will take longer to start again... ;)

Reactions: moonbugz
Thank you very much for a great and detailed response!
You've given me a great tip, I was not aware of the long "back button" thing.
And besides, the system runs great, I was just afraid it would hurt the performance of other apps. Your explanation was more than enough, so I breath better already! :)

Reactions: boxcarracer81