MIUI Rooted ROMs and ROM update questions

Shahmatt

Members
May 31, 2013
Hi all,

I've recently purchased a MI-2A phone, and I have the following questions.

1. I understand that I can update my ROM from the default stock to a rooted ROM. The ROM link on this site does not say if the ROMs listed are rooted or no. Can anyone tell me if these are rooted ROMs?

2. My ROM update app on my phone shows that I have a ROM update pending. If I update do I lose all my data? If so is there an app I can use to backup my stuff prior to flashing the new ROM? Also would this ROM be rooted?

3. There does not appear to be any forum on the MI-2A, but I see a 2S forum. Am I missing something or is this phone unpopular?

Hi all,

I've recently purchased a MI-2A phone, and I have the following questions.

1. I understand that I can update my ROM from the default stock to a rooted ROM. The ROM link on this site does not say if the ROMs listed are rooted or no. Can anyone tell me if these are rooted ROMs?

2. My ROM update app on my phone shows that I have a ROM update pending. If I update do I lose all my data? If so is there an app I can use to backup my stuff prior to flashing the new ROM? Also would this ROM be rooted?

3. There does not appear to be any forum on the MI-2A, but I see a 2S forum. Am I missing something or is this phone unpopular?

1. Yes, it's rooted
2. No I didn't lose my data when I updated, but I perform a backup first anyway. I used the Backup app in the Security Center folder.
3. It's covered in Xiaomi MI2(s). Mi2A threads can be tagged with [Mi2A]