MIUI V4 vs MIUI V5

hadron

Members
Sep 23, 2012
here is the comparison of MIUI V4 and MIUI V5

enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its comming sooooooooooon

Comparison.png

I'm not a big fan of the black and grey checkboxes... too low contrast compared to the current orange and grey.

(I also prefer orange over green)

Hi there,

apart from these color changes, since this is what I get from the screenschots – thanx by the way for them – should we expect something more, like more customization options e.g. to be able to select the kind and place of the status bar icons (mainly time and signal) or to change the transparency level of the notification area?
Moreover, should we expect an official MIUI ROM with Google Location Services and with more languages, now that Xiaomi is turning itself to non-Chinese markets (Australia, USA, eventually Europe too)?
Not to speak about other features, like lockscreen customizations (lockscreen status bar customization, application of widgets and more screens on the lockscreen) in order to keep up with the corresponding Android developments. Or the choice to edit the icons of individual applications separately? Or even the so much discussed option to have an app drawer… Or a permanent Google Search Bar…
I am sure there is an endless list of wanted new features of the new MIUI Version, which are not restricted to mere color changes – the latter can be changed simply by applying different themes.

Thanx for listening :)

If MIUIv5 == Jelly Bean 4.2, then hopefully it includes Jelly Bean 4.2 features (lockscreen widgets).

The AAC decoder is bugged in Jelly Bean 4.1.x for some files, so hopefully this at least gets fixed.

...and please give me the Qualcomm kernel from Dec 26....

Some interest screens from Xda ;)
But I hope when v5 will be released Android version number change to 4.2.x...

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

The thing I always liked about MIUI since 2 years was it's bright White/Orange design. Bright enough to minimize the reflections if you use the rom on a sunny day outside. ALL other Android ROMs and AOKP/CM Themes are rather dark/black/grey. I dislike the dark and monotone design of Android just to spare some battery. I have a Note 2 with a huge battery that lasts enough even with a white/bright theme. Please let us still have framework-theming for MIUI Themes, so we can still use a bright theme including framework-customizations like bright popup-backgrounds and buttons... If MIUIv5 will change everything to the Android dark style and if we will not be able to use a whole bright theme, then that will be a sad day for me.

The thing I always liked about MIUI since 2 years was it's bright White/Orange design. Bright enough to minimize the reflections if you use the rom on a sunny day outside. ALL other Android ROMs and AOKP/CM Themes are rather dark/black/grey. I dislike the dark and monotone design of Android just to spare some battery. I have a Note 2 with a huge battery that lasts enough even with a white/bright theme. Please let us still have framework-theming for MIUI Themes, so we can still use a bright theme including framework-customizations like bright popup-backgrounds and buttons... If MIUIv5 will change everything to the Android dark style and if we will not be able to use a whole bright theme, then that will be a sad day for me.
With MIUI you can always use any color theme. and its not going to change with MIUI V5

I still hope for the JLB 7 kernel instead of a newer build...

Also is MIUI V5 confirmed to be Android 4.1.1/4.1.2? There are some annoying bugs confirmed in API 16 dev emulator and various other real phones for the current Jelly Bean version that are fixed in 4.2... although looking at the Nexus 4 seems Google introduced other annoying bugs into 4.2 / API 17 -_-