MiUi V6 Stock Weather App Question(s)

ColonelZap

Members
Jul 20, 2014
Hi everyone :)

I searched but I could find answers :-( Is it possible to change the stock weather app to Fahrenheit and is it possible to make settings for the re-fresh times somehow?

For now it's not possible. MIUI uses international and proper units used in all countries.

Wysłane z MI4

That's what I thought. I was HOPING that maybe in different time zones the app is smart enough to know that Fahrenheit is the better choice.

Thanks for the reply :)

It's non-localizable? That's disappointing. Isn't there a design document that requires localization?

What?
You have weather translated every week.

Wysłane z MI4

And what this has to do with MIUI?

You want to put Fahrenheit units used only by Americans to an app that is only for Chinese and east Asian languages? Also almost all Europe and Asia countries use Celsius units, so easier and faster for Americans will be to learn proper units.

Wysłane z MI4

The answer to localization problems is not "force users to use units with which they are not familiar".

I'm sure it feels really good to let the Americans have it like this, doesn't it? "TAKE THAT!" Yeah, nobody is going to learn a different system of measurement in order to use a single app. It's just an embarrassing lack of worldliness and tolerance of cultures that have different beliefs. Educated people are supposed to understand these things, even if they disagree with them.

The only problem is wrong date format that cannot be changed. It uses US mm/dd but our normal is dd/mm