Miui V7 For Mi2s

google maps gives me no location T_T, but HERE and others no google apps DO work. Dont know why...

Probably the framework is not ready for google services
I'm already installing the rom, will tell u ASAP if it works

BTW can I change the recovery?

You can try this multirom MIUI V7, it have gapps inside this rom. Not need to install it, just flash the rom.
It is almost the same original MIUI V7, but with advance translate to russian and ukrainian language.
But no worries, you can use english language as well...
It works also on unmerged (original) partitions, but u must install it with CWM 6.0.5.1, it is not working with TWRP - I don't know why...
http://multirom.me/2015/08/15/proshivki-miui-5-8-13/

Download it via torrent file, best way - fast speed:
http://multirom.me/?ddownload=3332

@spaxon, do you know if you could tell if a certain rom is for original or merged partitions, just by looking at the files in the zip?
No, i don't know to tell if it is original or merged version just looking at the rom zip file. Well I just know it when flash the rom and then I know... But I always try to flash via cwm and twrp also, sometimes you cannot flash some roms via twrp - flash error , but with cwm you can and no errors...

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Reactions: cbpbxecmecmbeh
excuse but what does "MultiROM", it is the app "MultiROM" that can install more Rom as nexus or OPO?

Well i've tryed the cn/en Version of MIUI V7 for a few days and that are the impressions i've made so far:

Pros:
  • Impressive battery usage, after using it the whole day, not for gaming but for casual texting, making some calls, checking the bus and train timetables and listening to music for a total of half an hour i still had about 70% battery remaining. In my opinion the best result with a LP-Rom at my Mi2s so far.
  • Snappy UI, well on custom ROMS of LP like M1chas CM 12 a snappy interface is quite naturally but on MIUI until now it wasnt. Also with Sebsch's great SMIUI for example, representative for the fastest MIUI derivative i know, the UI wasnt that fast than CM12 or Ivans AOSP.
Cons:
  • Difficult an unrealiable usage of gapps, its a kind of gamble to get gapps working on the device.
    Finally i got them installed by adding every apk on ots own. After a time i recognized that the contact sync does not work so you have to search the web for the google contacts sync apk which is not included in the package above. Furthermore there are quite more google apps missing wich results in a quite messy usage of the phone. There are a lot of things simply not working without the suitable apk so it ends in an error or doing nothing.
  • No reliable way to receive push Messages like Threema or Whatsapp!, I think this is the main reason i've stopped using V7. I´ts simply not possible to chat because most of the time all the apps are offline. I only received Messages in an cycle of an hour or when i opened them to force a check for new Messages. The reason for this should be a new "feature" Xiaomi added with V7 aligning cpu wakeup for syncing (see the pic below). For me it seems i've already used something like this with greenify on the last KK roms where it had worked like a charm. Nevertheless in V7 it doesnt seem to work which quite annoying. Changing the heart-bleed intervalls also doesnt work because they`ve removed or renamed the process which normally handles this.
  • Creepy Updates through the miui store, Well for me its generally a kind of awkward having a lot of strange cinese apps running on my phone. But what i really dont like is if they permanently influece my workflow or if they change things which i dont want to changed by chinese apps. For example i got a Messenger update from the play store. I installed it, eeverything was fine. Few seconds later the mi store installed a update for the same messenger withoud asking for any permission. This happened for more than just one App. These unwanted updates were quite small, less than 1 Megabyte and i really dont want to know what they really changed.. like i said .. creepy.
  • No restart if you freeze system apps, my first reaction due to the bunch of chinese crap was to freeze it with tittanium backup but aready after a few apps which in my opinion arent necessary for a normal system use, the system hangs on the boot screen so you have to restore it by booting the other partition.
Well these are the biggest things i`ve recognized. There were a lot more, but small things. Changed to V7 with the intetion to get a better battery usage which was the case. But there are to much things which are really annoying and it was one of the first Roms i had the feeling that I totally lost the control of it. Every msimple change gets punished by getting strange erros of a forced cinese store update without asking.

Right now im back on M1chas CM12, in my opiniom the best rom so fa hoping for an update which fixes the battery drain. But better a quite bigger battery drain than not beeing able to completely control the own phone..

I hope this small review is a bit helpful for some of you.

Last edited:
I am totaly agree with the PROS you wrote.

I want to write something about the CONS based in my "one week" experience with MIUIv7 Official, with gapps working.

Difficult an unrealiable usage of gapps: I have installed them all with google installer. It is not so simply. You have to install in a specific order, or retry many times, but it works

No reliable way to receive push Messages like Threema or Whatsapp!,
I faced the same problem but asking in miui english forum I got the answer. You have to "un restrict" those apps (those that need internet or gps connection even when they are closed) from battery usage (settings --> Additional settings --> Battery and performance --> Manage apps battery usage --> Choose apps to restrict --> Unselect Whatsapp, telegram, skype, hangouts, google calendar sync, google services framework, and google account manager (and others that you want). Problem solved.

Creepy Updates through the miui store:
You can disable the notification of updates from miui store. This market has earlier updates than google market for different reasons. If you open the miui store app, and go to updates, you still can apply this update, but if you disable the notification, you will never notice that there is an update from miui store

No restart if you freeze system apps
, which are the apps you want to freeze? You can set (not to) autostart permissions for some chinese apps (see miui forum) and the will never wake up if you do not open them. I have set to autostart only whatsapp, telegram and hangouts. You still can uninstall some of them (miui forum again)

[...]
I want to write something about the CONS based in my "one week" experience with MIUIv7 Official, with gapps working.
[...]
Thank you for your comment. Seems like a few of the cons are really my own fault.
Where did you get the google installer? - It haven't found it on MiStore.

Regarding to the "creepy" updates from MiStore: There are not the updates itself which are bit strange, of course its possible that one or another store gets them a bit earlyer. But for a few apps i got the official update from playstore before which had a few MBs just to see that after the official ones MiStore patches a few KBs.

Maybe I´ll give it another try when the Inernational Rom is out.

Like I said. Thank you very much for your statement.

You can try this multirom MIUI V7, it have gapps inside this rom. Not need to install it, just flash the rom.
It is almost the same original MIUI V7, but with advance translate to russian and ukrainian language.
But no worries, you can use english language as well...
It works also on unmerged (original) partitions, but u must install it with CWM 6.0.5.1, it is not working with TWRP - I don't know why...
http://multirom.me/2015/08/15/proshivki-miui-5-8-13/

Download it via torrent file, best way - fast speed:
http://multirom.me/?ddownload=3332

@spaxon could you inform us further about MultiROM? Do you have an Mi2 and you can boot in different ROMs like TDB in the KK era?

I think that means multilanguage ROM
I don't think so... I check in nexus 4 that exist sth like this. And Nexus 4 is brother of Mi2.. So i ll wait for spaxon!

Στάλθηκε από το MI 2S μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk