New [MIUI11] Cast only support miracast not Chromecast

lihanchen1

Members
Oct 29, 2019
Before MIUI11, my Mi9 support both miracast and chromecast like most cellphones.
Now in the menu, it only show miracast devices.
I know xiaomi has introduce new cast features of cast in MIUI11, so it is probably their problem.
Is there a way you can bring chromecast back?
Thanks

I would also like to know that, I use Chromecast at home.

Enviado de meu Redmi Note 5 usando o Tapatalk

I really don't understand why Xiaomi did this as their very own MiBox (which I use) has Chromecast built in... Very annoying! Tried all the different solutions and workarounds I could find, but nothing works.

I am not entirely sure, but I think it may the be other way around, Google stop supporting Miracast so they can sell and control Google ChromeCast receivers, at least they did remove Miracast support on "Android One" phones, the same with Google Pixel. Most TV's and Notebooks use Miracast, not the Google proprietary ChromeCast!

Good Morning! As already mentioned, I have the annoying bug that I can't use Chromecast after the 9.12.26 update, everything was normal before. Please look at this bug with love.

Enviado de meu Redmi Note 5 usando o Tapatalk

I am not entirely sure, but I think it may the be other way around, Google stop supporting Miracast so they can sell and control Google ChromeCast receivers, at least they did remove Miracast support on "Android One" phones, the same with Google Pixel. Most TV's and Notebooks use Miracast, not the Google proprietary ChromeCast!
Xiaomi 's MiBox for sure is equipped with Chromecast, not Miracast. And it is MIUI that stopped supporting Chromecast. When my phone searches for devices to cast to, it only finds Miracast devices.

With my old Oneplus One with LineageOS (Android Pie) the casting to the MiBox works flawlessly

This is a problem for me too, but my google hope app just reports, "No devices found".