MIUIv5 4.2.2 Development for the Huawei Ascend P6

stickman89

Members
Jun 11, 2012
Introduction:

Hi all, xda recognized developer s89 here. This thread has been created to see a bootable MIUIv5 build for the Huawei Ascend P6.
At the moment I'm solely working on this myself and have eliminated a huge quantity of errors that have prevented the build from getting this far.
The device is quite literally hanging on the last remaining error message therefore I would like some assistance or information on how to solve whether that be from fellow developers or MiuiAndroid Staff themselves.

I have used the following builds for my port:

Base ROM: Stock Huawei P6 B111 4.2.2 rom
Donor ROM: Galaxy Nexus GSM 4.2.2 MiuiAndroid Build

Here's the error message:

Code:
[B]E/AndroidRuntime( 9888): android.content.res.Resources$NotFoundException: Resource ID #0x6080005[/B]

E/AndroidRuntime( 9888):    at android.content.res.Resources.getValue(Resources.java:1035)

E/AndroidRuntime( 9888):    at android.content.res.MiuiResources.getValue(MiuiResources.java:87)

E/AndroidRuntime( 9888):    at android.content.res.Resources.getInteger(Resources.java:842)

E/AndroidRuntime( 9888):    at com.android.internal.policy.impl.MiuiKeyguardUpdateMonitor$1.onChange(MiuiKeyguardUpdateMonitor.java:20)

E/AndroidRuntime( 9888):    at com.android.internal.policy.impl.MiuiKeyguardUpdateMonitor.<init>(MiuiKeyguardUpdateMonitor.java:30)

E/AndroidRuntime( 9888):    at com.android.internal.policy.impl.KeyguardViewMediator.<init>(KeyguardViewMediator.java:457)

E/AndroidRuntime( 9888):    at com.android.internal.policy.impl.MiuiKeyguardViewMediator.<init>(MiuiKeyguardViewMediator.java:19)

E/AndroidRuntime( 9888):    at com.android.internal.policy.impl.PhoneWindowManager.init(PhoneWindowManager.java:1025)

E/AndroidRuntime( 9888):    at com.android.internal.policy.impl.MiuiPhoneWindowManager.init(MiuiPhoneWindowManager.java:120)

E/AndroidRuntime( 9888):    at com.android.server.wm.WindowManagerService$3.run(WindowManagerService.java:984)

E/AndroidRuntime( 9888):    at android.os.Handler$BlockingRunnable.run(Handler.java:745)

E/AndroidRuntime( 9888):    at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:725)

E/AndroidRuntime( 9888):    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)

E/AndroidRuntime( 9888):    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)

E/AndroidRuntime( 9888):    at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:60)

The code highlighted in bold is the area of interest. It's referencing .field public static final android_config_lowBatteryWarningLevel:I = 0x6080005, is there any way to bypass or solve this error? The MIUI framework-res.apk and framework-miui-res.apk have not been modified at all and the 'missing resource' which is actually an integer is not missing either. They actually lie within "...-res.apk/res/values/public.xml and integer.xml.

Any information or help in response to my request would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

s89

The reason I'm not using the Honor 2 build as a donor ROM which would be ideal as the HW is near identical is because we do not actually have a stock 4.1.2 build, hence the reason to choose something other.

I'm starting to suspect this is exactly why some devices (namely HTC Sensation and a few others) do not contain the MIUI lockscreen related smali within android.policy.jar and instead are using an APK for the lockscreen.

Unfortunately not, need some assistance from MIUIAndroid staff regarding the matter, since those who have come across the same error haven't been successfully or haven't shared an answer.