[MOD]Use the power button as "MI button" for MIUI 2.10.12

ymdzq

Members
Sep 22, 2012
This patch is only for MI2, and tested works on miuiandroid_aries-2.10.12.zip well
Because MI-2 only have three actual keys, and it does not have a "MI Button", so i use the power button as MI button
If your 'MI Button' are not set to Lock/Wake device in Setting, you can't use it to Lock/Wake your phone
So you'd better use the "Volume rocker wake " to wake, and the "Lock" toggle on status bar to lock

Installation:
1.Download the "patch_signed-2.10.12.zip", and be sure that the MIUI version of the system which you are not using is 2.10.12, because MI2 also have two system partitions, and it always apply update or patch to the system which you are not using
2.Updater, menu key, Select installation pack, choose "patch_signed-2.10.12.zip", Update now, Begin update, so it will patch to the another system
3.Reboot into the new system
4.Settings, COMPLETE SETTINGS, Buttons & keys, there should show the "MI BUTTON" option

Attachments

• 豌豆荚截图20121013200141.png
    豌豆荚截图20121013200141.png
    42.6 KB · Views: 499
  • patch_signed-2.10.12.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 260
Reactions: type-R
this is a nice sounding mod. since i don't have my mi2 yet could someone test it with latest MIUI. Can this be kept up 2 date?

this is a nice sounding mod. since i don't have my mi2 yet could someone test it with latest MIUI. Can this be kept up 2 date?
I think it may not work with latest MIUI, because settings apk update every week, using an old version apk in latest MIUI may cause Force Close.
I sold my mi2, so i don't have any device to test and update it, this mod discontinued

that is a little sad. Why did you sell so soon?
i already have a Samsung GT-N7000, it have many roms like TouchWiz, Cyanogenmod and AOKP, but mi2 do not have them, so i just sell to those who need it