Model changed grom MI 9T PRO to Redmi K20 PRO

ddrpl

Members
Oct 6, 2019
Flashed my Mi 9T PRO (xiaomi.eu 9.9.26 V2) and my model Has changed to Redmi K20 PRO (model name, device info, boot logo). Is this normal ? How can I change my device name back to Mi 9T PRO ?

Wysłane z mojego Redmi K20 Pro przy użyciu Tapatalka

It's normal. EU rom is based on tje Chinese rom, and in China, this device is called Redmi K20. The only way to rename it back to Mi 9T is to flash the Global rom or some other custom rom based on global...

My kingdom for a donkey...

Well, yes, this problem was discussed before. So what? As long as there is no solution, any search just shows that others also don't like this. I don't care if the phone is called a different name in other countries, it is just not right to rename it by installing a different ROM. I can live with the model name being different in the settings, but I am really not happy to have lost the nice Mi splash screen and boot animation, which have been replaced by the Redmi ones. There should be at least an option such as a flashable image to restore the original ones!

This is a start:

Need now change the Watermark model in camera, and the name in MTP file transfer

Edit: Now in MTP is changed, i clear data of settings apk

Last edited:
This is a start:

Need now change the Watermark model in camera, and the name in MTP file transfer

Edit: Now in MTP is changed, i clear data of settings apk

I try with adb shel and didnt work

for me work perfectly, maybe you need to allow the special right to adb in dev settings, look for it, its easy to find
After i try in terminal emulator on phone, with root access, and it changed when i watch in commands, but not into phone, even when i restart